Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNMP Data
Hello,

Wanted to create a module based on an snmp value. monitoring a Cisco switch, looking at SNMP data from an snmpwalk I can see some OIDs are the names we assigned to those interfaces (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.28.x). Can I name a module based on this given oid and then use other oids in the same module that represent values to be monitored?
Hello,

If I understood you correctly, if you can, from the SNMP browser you can create modules directly and add them to different sites (agents, policies...).

Greetings
Diego
(04-27-2020, 11:50 AM)Diego.M Wrote: Hello,

If I understood you correctly, if you can, from the SNMP browser you can create modules directly and add them to different sites (agents, policies...).

Greetings
Diego

Hello,

Appreciate the response. So.. I can snmpwalk the switch.

.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.28.x is where all the network Aliases are. So ideally I'd like to create modules based on that Alias name. For example, so let's say .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.28.1 contains the alias for one of the VLANs called 'Building A'. So for us I'd like to name the module 'Building A' and then add other oids that are relevant to that particular port on the switch?

Hope that is more clear,
Louis
Greetings
What you mention can be done without problems by a dynamic snmp plugin, it would work more or less as follows:
Code:
This plugin allows you to monitor SNMP information available in your device.

While configuring, please specify:

Common OID tree
Status OID sub tree
Names OID sub tree
e.g. If your device populates information in following OIDs

Using:

DomainName as name: .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.9.1.1.1.1
DomainStatus as value: .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.9.1.1.1.3
We should configure our plugin with following tokens:

## OID BASE
oid_base=.1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.9.1.1.1

## Names subtree
names_tree=.1

## Status subtree
status_tree=.3
The plugin will generate automatically all modules from information retrieved from both trees.

Unfortunately this is an exclusive feature of the Enterprise version, so if you want to consider buying the enterprise version of Pandora FMS, I leave you the mail of our commercial department: [email protected]

Greetings
Diego