Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICMP check from local agent
Hello,
How can I monitoring icmp packets from local agent? I'm trying something like this, but it doen't work:
module_begin
module_name ICMP
module_type generic_icmp_proc
module_description ping google
module_exec ping google.com
module_end
Morning,

In PandoraFMS there is not the kind of data that you indicate, but if you look at the wiki you will find the following example of a module that would be useful for you.

Code:
module_name Ping
module_type generic_proc
module_exec ping -c 1 google.com >/dev/null 2>&1; if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then echo 1; else echo 0; fi
module_end

With that configuration you will have a module that will return 1 when the ping is done correctly and 0 when it gives some kind of error.

Greetings
Diego
(07-17-2020, 12:16 PM)Diego.M Wrote: Morning,

In PandoraFMS there is not the kind of data that you indicate, but if you look at the wiki you will find the following example of a module that would be useful for you.

Code:
module_name Ping
module_type generic_proc
module_exec ping -c 1 google.com >/dev/null 2>&1; if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then echo 1; else echo 0; fi
module_end

With that configuration you will have a module that will return 1 when the ping is done correctly and 0 when it gives some kind of error.

Greetings
Diego
Thx, it works. Maybe you can tell also how to check icmp latency?
Morning,

The command I sent you was specifically the example of the wiki we gave. If you want to obtain other data, find out how you can obtain only the desired data and enter it in the command with the correct data type. If you need more help, the members of the enterprise version have access to our support team that will be happy to help you configure each and every one of the modules you want. I leave you the mail of our commercial team to talk with them.

[email protected]

Greetings
Diego