Pandora FMS community forums

Full Version: New to FMS. Need some configuration help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello team!

I'm Federico and i'm in need for some help.

Recently i've installed on a VM environment a test lab that contains a CentOS server with FMS and a Windows 7 machine.

I'd like to see information about this machine on the web console regarding windows updates, startup delay, disk status, disk structure etc.

I've already setted up the server and the agent on the windows 7 machine.

My question is: I know that i can add the scripts and call them from the cfg file on the agent main folder. For example, i've found a script that let me see information regarding windows updates if they are installed, pending etc. But I don't know how to add this script on the server in order to view the information that this plugin reports.

To be short: How can I config a plugin or command on an agent and then be able to see that information on the console?

I've seen some tutorials and information regarding this subject, but I couldn't get what I was looking for.

Link to the script/plugin

Also, I'm running the Community version.

Thanks beforehand and sorry for my broken english!!!
Hello fgodoy,

The place where you must have the plugins varies depending on the type of plugin that you are installing (Agent or server) in the case that you provides, the Windows Update Monitoring plugin is a agent plugin, I suggest you to take a look to our documentation to see where you must have the plugin and how to install it.

https://pandorafms.com/docs/index.php?ti...nt_Plugins

Saludos
Diego
(10-10-2019, 01:55 AM)fgodoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello team!

Recently i've installed on a VM environment a test lab that contains a CentOS server with FMS and a Windows 7 machine.

(...)

To be short: How can I config a plugin or command on an agent and then be able to see that information on the console?

I've seen some tutorials and information regarding this subject, but I couldn't get what I was looking for.

(...)

Hi! Mr. DiegoM put a good answer (thanks! +). Here I suggest read our blog:
Both articles are translated into Spanish; have a nice day! 8-)
Hi, thanks to everyone regarding this info.

I've somehow managed to config the agent, and add the "windows_updates.vbs" that reports the updates pending, critital etc.

[attachment=3179]

I'm kinda lost regarding other configurations.

For example there is a module that let me see if the disk is corrupted, but I really don't know how to achieve this.

Do i need to create a VBS file and call it from the CFG on the agent?

I am very new into this software and also programming.
Been a technician and network infrastructure admin for years but zero experience on coding.

If you kindly can help me in this subject i will appreciate it.

Code:
module_begin
module_name Disk Structure Corrupted
module_type async_string
module_logevent
module_source System
module_eventcode 55
module_application Ntfs
module_description Disk structure corrupted
module_end

(10-10-2019, 11:05 AM)Jimmy_Olano Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-10-2019, 01:55 AM)fgodoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello team!

(...)

(...)

Hi! Mr. DiegoM put a good answer (thanks! +). Here I suggest read our blog:
Both articles are translated into Spanish; have a nice day! 8-)

Thanks. I've made a reply here with my doubts. Hope if you guys can help me.

Smile
Hello fgodoy,

Assuming your plugin is fine, you are making the wrong call, frist of all you dont hace any 'module_exec XXX.pl' and the 'module_logevent' means nothing for PandoraFMS if I'm not wrong...

The 'module_exec' must get just the info from the plugin, without the XML format, once you configured this on your agent ( with remote agent ), PandoraFMS will start to show the data as you wish.

Best regards
Diego
(10-11-2019, 12:27 PM)DiegoM Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fgodoy,

Assuming your plugin is fine, you are making the wrong call, frist of all you dont hace any 'module_exec XXX.pl' and the 'module_logevent' means nothing for PandoraFMS if I'm not wrong...

The 'module_exec' must get just the info from the plugin, without the XML format, once you configured this on your agent ( with remote agent ), PandoraFMS will start to show the data as you wish.

Best regards
Diego

Hi Diego, can we have a direct chat sometime? I'm kinda lost, but making some progress.

Thanks,
Hello fgodoy,

If you wish we have a support department that will be happy to assist you although you should contact the sales department first. Here I leave you his email so that you can contact them.

Sales eMail: [email protected]

Best regards
Diego