Pandora FMS community forums

Full Version: Monitor S.M.A.R.T. status on Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there is a module/plugin that will allow me to check the S.M.A.R.T. status of the HDD's on a Windows system. I see there is a plugin that works for a linux based system but would like to know if there is a way to get the status from a Windows system as well.
Hey, Rexshow,

Currently there is no SMART plugin for windows, as you said the only one we have is for linux systems, but feel free to adapt the plugin to your operating system.

Greetings
Diego
[quote="Diego.M" pid='30759' dateline='1580291686']
Hey, Rexshow,

Currently there is no SMART plugin for windows, as you said the only one we have is for linux systems, but feel free to adapt the plugin to your operating system.

Greetings
Diego
[/quote]

So Pandora does not have any native options or plugins to check if an HDD is in a state of failure?
Hello Rexshow,

Anything you could know through command line could be monitored by Pandora FMS, you just have to create the right plugin, it's not difficult. You can try with the command:

wmic diskdrive get status

This command returns OK if the disk is in good condition. Configure a boolean module and if the command does not return OK send the module to critical.

Greetings
Diego
[quote="Diego.M" pid='30765' dateline='1580376335']
Hello Rexshow,

Anything you could know through command line could be monitored by Pandora FMS, you just have to create the right plugin, it's not difficult. You can try with the command:

wmic diskdrive get status

This command returns OK if the disk is in good condition. Configure a boolean module and if the command does not return OK send the module to critical.

Greetings
Diego
[/quote]

Could you possibly create an example of the code i should use in the plugin file so that it will work properly with pandora?
Hello Rexshow,

I'm very sorry but we don't have such a plugin created, in case you need it you can contact our sales department and negotiate with them.

[email protected]

Greetings
Diego