Pandora FMS community forums

Full Version: Tentacle service fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

I installed the Pandora FMS server (version 4.0.1) in a Open Suse version 11.4 machine and I can not to start the Tentacle service with a command "service tentacle_serverd start". The error message is:

Sorry, user root is not allowed to execute '/usr/bin/tentacle_server -a 0.0.0.0 -p 41121 -s /var/spool/pandora/data_in -i.*\.conf:conf;.*\.md5:md5;.*\.zip:collections -d' as pandora on brtsvisp073.
Tentacle Server could not be started.
Verify that port 41121 is not used.

Thanks,
Hi;

Could you attach the result of executing the command

ls -l  | grep tentacle

inside /usr/bin

(Otherwise you can try /etc/init.d/tentacle_serverd)

Regards

Any word on this?

I tried to run the command it is doesn't return anything.
I am correcting myself. Here is the results after i changed to the correct directory.

[email protected]:/usr/bin$ ls -l | grep tentacle
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root  root      22343 Nov  4 03:14 tentacle_client
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root  root      38242 Nov  4 03:14 tentacle_server
Hello ronybigsoc,

Try executing:

Code:
/etc/init.d/tentacle_serverd start

If it still doesn't work, you may need to run it as a different user (pandora or tentacle would work).

Kind regards,
Antonio.
I had the same problem.
My solution was edit file
Code:
/etc/init.d/tentacle_serverd
and remove option [-v] in TENTACLE_OPTS (about line 90)
-- original --
[tt]TENTACLE_OPTS="-a $TENTACLE_ADDR -p $TENTACLE_PORT -s $PANDORA_SERVER_PATH $TENTACLE_EXT_OPTS -d -l $TENTACLE_LOG_FILE -v"
[/tt]
-- change to --
[tt]TENTACLE_OPTS="-a $TENTACLE_ADDR -p $TENTACLE_PORT -s $PANDORA_SERVER_PATH $TENTACLE_EXT_OPTS -d -l $TENTACLE_LOG_FILE"[/tt]

When running in daemon mode, it seems that tentacle server doesn't admin verbose option
luigli,

That parameter shouldn't interfere anyway, but maybe you've found some kind on incompatibility. Are you using also Suse linux?

Kind regards,
Antonio.
It breaks, because it tries to create a log file /var/log/pandora/tentacle_server.log as a pandora user.

You can do this as a workaround:
Code:
touch /var/log/pandora/tentacle_server.log
chown pandora:pandora /var/log/pandora/tentacle_server.log
I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
I applied solution posted by ph and it worked for me. So now i can use param [tt]-v[/tt] to log to
Code:
/var/log/pandora/tentacle_server.log