Pandora FMS community forums
Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1 - Printable Version

+- Pandora FMS community forums (https://pandorafms.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Pandora FMS (https://pandorafms.org/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Advanced troubleshooting and problems (https://pandorafms.org/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1 (/thread-3231.html)



Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1 - daniels - 06-08-2011

Hi folks,

  I had some problems with the upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1. I did the upgrade manually (I'm using CentOS). I followed the steps from docs (https://openideas.info/wiki/index.php?title=Pandora_3.0:Documentation_en:Anexo_Upgrade#Upgrade_database_schema_.28Major_Version_only.29) (including the encoder script).

  In the begining, everything looks fine. I had to apply the patch (pandora_console_3.2.1_March_Patch) to make the alerts work. The two problems that I noticed at the end of the upgrade are:

  1. All the modules interval where reset to the default agent interval. This caused problems in every agent that had some module interval different from the default agent interval.

  2. The description of all the alerts where truncated.


  Anybody else had this problem too? I think it's worth checking the upgrade process...


Re: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1 - daniels - 06-08-2011

Hi.

  Another problem that I noticed after upgrade:

  When I tried to copy an action in "Manage >> Alerts » Alert actions", the function did not work and send me to the pandora console start page...


Re: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1 - daniels - 06-08-2011

About the module interval, the problem was that the file pandorafms_agent-3.2.1.tar.gz actually contains the 3.1 version agent... :-(

I used the pandorafms_agent_unix-3.2.1.tar.gz file to copy the correct 3.2 version agent to the monitored servers to fix the problem.


Devs, please, fix the tgz.

Regards.


Re: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1 - tpalacios - 06-09-2011

(06-08-2011, 11:04 AM)daniels link Wrote: Hi folks,

 I had some problems with the upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1. I did the upgrade manually (I'm using CentOS). I followed the steps from docs (https://openideas.info/wiki/index.php?title=Pandora_3.0:Documentation_en:Anexo_Upgrade#Upgrade_database_schema_.28Major_Version_only.29) (including the encoder script).

Greetings daniels,

I'm afraid to tell you that all your problems are probably related to the way you upgraded it...

The first thing the doc tells you is:

Quote:IMPORTANT: Upgrading from 3.1 to 3.1.1 and from 3.1.X to 3.2 need specifics steps described in two section below

I don't know if you did this or if you upgraded directly from 3.1 to 3.2.1... let's hope not. Smile

In any case, if you followed these steps correctly...

Have you upgraded from 3.1.X to 3.2 and from 3.2 to 3.2.1? or from 3.1.X to 3.2.1 directly? :P

The first choice is the right one... Otherwise this would explain your problems.

If even still you upgraded everything correctly...

Then this problem is worth a jigsaw. :P

Regarding the problem about the tar gz... you are right, and will change it ASAP. Smile

Regards.


Re: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1 - daniels - 06-09-2011

Hi Tpalacios, thanks for your reply.

  I tried to do in the right away...

  First I did the upgrade from 3.1 to 3.1.1

  After that, I did a 3.1.1 to 3.2.1.... :-( Maybe that was a problem... The docs didn't mention anything about 3.2.1 (it's not updated yet..).

  I did the steps as suggested in the docs, but I haven't used the 3.2tgz (I only downloaded the 3.2.1tgz).

  I think it's worth to mention a overview at the docs, like:

3.1 -> 3.1.1
3.1.X -> 3.2
3.2 -> 3.2.1

  Is there a problem to do a 3.1.1 -> 3.2.1?

Regards.


Re: Upgrade from 3.1 to 3.2.1 - tpalacios - 06-09-2011

It could be...

We haven't tested it but we usually upgrade it from 3.1.X to 3.2 and from 3.2 to 3.2.1 and we don't have such problems... so maybe it has something to do with that.

It is true truncated descriptions are there... but not cause of a bad upgrade but for real. Smile

Regarding the time intervals... we would have to check it carefully, but currently we can't locate that error in our servers.

And the copying function in "Actions"... well I'm sure it's cause of the upgrade because we've never had such problem.

You can always try a rpm -i --force of your Pandora with the proper package. Big Grin

Now seriously... we'll take another look at the upgrade process to see if there's something else wrong... Right now we already have to update the doc. Smile

Regards.