Pandora FMS community forums
Email not sending - Printable Version

+- Pandora FMS community forums (https://pandorafms.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Pandora FMS (https://pandorafms.org/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Advanced troubleshooting and problems (https://pandorafms.org/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Email not sending (/thread-7447.html)

Pages: 1 2

Email not sending - brucestclair - 04-23-2014

I followed the instructions  @ "http://wiki.pandorafms.com/index.php?title=Pandora:Configuration_emails_alerts" but no go.  I checked the logs at /var/log/pandora and the logs are not showing it trying to send out mail.  If fact the logs are pretty bare except when I rebooted the server.  This build is the centos appliance,  pandorafms_console-5.0SP3-140419.tar.gz.  Please see the attachment to see the agent fired.

Re: Email not sending - ivo_yordanov - 04-23-2014

Hello

Check the configuration in your pandora_server.conf file to see if there is an email address configured for the server.

Regards
Ivo

Re: Email not sending - brucestclair - 04-23-2014

mta_address localhost
#mta_port 25
#mta_user null
#mta_pass mypassword
#mta_auth LOGIN
mta_from Pandora FMS <[email protected]>

is what I have currently. I based this on the wiki page.

Thanks Smile

Re: Email not sending - ivo_yordanov - 04-23-2014

Hello

in mta_address put your mail server
discoment mta_user and put your email account.
discoment mta_pass and put your password (for the acount)
discoment mta_auth LOGIN

Restart the pandora_server process.

Regards
Ivo

I am able to get log messages now and they are saying error.  When I look at the maillog log I see postfix is trying to connect to my mail server via the outside ip address on my router, which will never work.  How can I force it to use the local IP adderss of my exchange box?

OK I had to reconfigure my firewall to allow postfix to send smtp through the firewall to connect to my outside ip address and now mail is flowing.

Re: Email not sending - ivo_yordanov - 04-24-2014

Hello

Yes the other solution was to check the connectivity and the firewall.

Regards
Ivo

Re: Email not sending - brucestclair - 05-02-2014

Well for some reason email just stopped flowing.  The mailog has no entries.  The pandora_server.log has:

2014-04-30 13:32:02 fms.tbd.local [V1] [ERROR] Sending email to [email protected] with subject [PANDORA] Alert from agent AOC_AOCMAIL on module Exchange POP3

The pandora_server.error log is having issues as well.: Not sure if they are related but will paste the log.

2014-04-30 13:40:09 - fms.tbd.local Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
DBD::mysql:Confusedt execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 621.
DBD::mysql:Confusedt execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 597.
DBD::mysql:Confusedt execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 621.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 811.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 811.
Perl exited with active threads:
11 running and unjoined
2 finished and unjoined
1 running and detached

if I run the command :  echo test |mail -s test [email protected]
the mail comes through instantly.

Re: Email not sending - ivo_yordanov - 05-05-2014

Hello

It seems mysql isn't running correctly. Can you try and execute the following command: /etc/init.d/mysqld start  and post here the result.

Regards
Ivo

Re: Email not sending - brucestclair - 05-06-2014

The reply is [OK]
and I fired an alert and this is what I got in the server log

2014-05-06 16:19:59 fms.tbd.local [V1] [ERROR] Sending email to [email protected] with subject [PANDORA] Alert RECOVERED for CRITICAL status on AOC_AOCMAIL / Exchange tes Service

and nothing in the maillog