Pandora FMS community forums
Warning, Critical Alerts Setup for FreeDisk Space - Printable Version

+- Pandora FMS community forums (https://pandorafms.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Pandora FMS (https://pandorafms.org/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General monitoring discussion (https://pandorafms.org/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Warning, Critical Alerts Setup for FreeDisk Space (/thread-7466.html)

Warning, Critical Alerts Setup for FreeDisk Space - Gabriel M. - 05-19-2014

I understand the basics of monitoring the devices and how the parameters go from Norman to warning to Critical. However im confuse when its regressive such in Free Disk Space. The default settings  start for warning with a Min of 20.00 and Max of 30.00and for [b]Critical Status is 0.0 and Max of 20.00. Does this means that when the Free Percentage is below 20% will become a critical state right? My problem is that when i change the Max Value to 10.00 although my device still at 9% it the state status goes back to normal instead of remain in Critical. Can Anybody Help me understand please? 

Re: Warning, Critical Alerts Setup for FreeDisk Space - ivo_yordanov - 05-20-2014

Hello

If you set this:
min_warning 20
max_warning 30
max_critical 10
min_critical 0

Then the module would adopt normal status between 10 and 20. This is an error of configuration for the tresholds. To set them correctly you can either set:
min_warning to 10 or max_critical to 20

Regards
Ivo

Re: Warning, Critical Alerts Setup for FreeDisk Space - Gabriel M. - 05-20-2014

I changed my parameters to see what would it do but im still confuse about how would it work, in this case im guessing the Max in either warning and Critical do not count or are read by pandora?

Re: Warning, Critical Alerts Setup for FreeDisk Space - ivo_yordanov - 05-22-2014

Hello

All thresholds are read by pandora.

module_min_warning <value>
This is the minimum value which will make the module state go to the 'warning' status. This guideline is not compulsory. If the module doesn't exist in the dashboard, then it's going to get created automatically when the learning mode is in use.

module_max_warning <value>
This is the maximum value which will make the module go to 'warning' status. This guideline is not compulsory. It uses a <= (less than) operator.

module_min_critical <value>
This is the minimum value which will make the module state go to 'critical' status. This guideline is not compulsory. This uses a > operator, not a >= operator.

module_max_critical <value>
This is the maximum value which will make the module state go to 'critical' status. This guideline is not compulsory. This uses a <= operator.

Regards
Ivo

Re: Warning, Critical Alerts Setup for FreeDisk Space - Gabriel M. - 06-06-2014

did you meant to write that the
Critical Min  value is <(less than)

Because if you didnt then im really confuse, in your example you set Critical Min to 0.00 and thats says that anything that is >(greater than) 0 should be critical but then all the values are grater that 0.00

Re: Warning, Critical Alerts Setup for FreeDisk Space - ivo_yordanov - 07-01-2014

Hello

Witch is the min_warning value then.

Please state all values for the tresholds.

Regards
Ivo