Pandora FMS community forums
Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - Printable Version

+- Pandora FMS community forums (http://pandorafms.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Pandora FMS (http://pandorafms.org/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Advanced troubleshooting and problems (http://pandorafms.org/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly (/thread-7992.html)

Pages: 1 2

Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - gadge - 05-04-2016

Hi,
I've installed Pandora FMS Server v5.1SP2.

I've installed some agents on Ubuntu clients.

My problem is, that on some client the agent daemon stops randomly.
The log files dont say any information about the cause of stopping.

If I restart the service it's up and running again many hours until I have another crash.

Sorry for my bad english

Re: Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - AKevin - 05-04-2016

Hello gadge,

Could you please check /var/log/messages? Maybe you can find an error matching pandora_agent_daemon process' stop.

Kind regards,
Kevin.

Re: Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - gadge - 05-05-2016

Hello Kevin!

There is no messages file in /var/log
I've checked all of the log files in this directory, and there isnt any log message about pandora.

I have also checked the agentname.data in /tmp directory, when i set the agent in debug mode, and i found everything is ok with the datas.

Kind regards,
Gadge (Thomas)

Re: Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - AKevin - 05-05-2016

Hello gadge,

Does the Ubuntu client have more than one agent installed? If that's the case, there could be a conflict between both instances if their Pandora_path configuration were the same.

Kind regards,
Kevin.

Hello!

No, there is one agent installed on every clients.

Kind regards,
Gadge (Thomas)

Re: Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - AKevin - 05-05-2016

Hi again,

Is there some kind of regularity in the issue (e.g, spikes in CPU usage shortly before the agent daemon stops) or does it trigger randomly?
Anyway, is this issue found in a single client, or in more than one? It might be a bad installation, which could be fixed by simply reinstalling the agent.

Kind regards,
Kevin.

Hi!

There is no any kind of regularity, CPU usage is ok, there is lot of available memory.
It stopped running randomly. Sometimes the running time is over many days with no problem, then stopped or running just few hours and stopped.

I've 10 agents with the same installing package, and all of the agents have got this problem.
I'm using some bash script also on the agent, like special agent name (bash script generates the name), special modules (bash script gives the datas to this special modules).

So its working well  through many days, then daemon stopped.

I've installed agent with this intalling package to my pc (Lubuntu) and its work perfectly, never stopped for some weeks.

Re: Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - gadge - 05-09-2016

Hi again!

I've deleted my extra features from pandora agent, and installed again a "clear" pandora agent v6.0, but the agents still getting stopped after a few hour or day.

If I create a cronjob which checking pandora agent daemon and if it stopps the cron starts it again, but that would be greater if i could found out what is the problem.

Re: Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - AKevin - 05-09-2016

Hi gadge,

That's strange. It could be some configuration present in your Ubuntu system. Anyway, which version of Ubuntu are you running?
As for the cron job, it's a good fix until we find the reason of that issue.

Kind regards,
Kevin.

Re: Pandora agent daemon is not running //stops randomly - gadge - 05-09-2016

Hi Kevin!

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
Maybe one module is the reason, so i turn off the modules one by one, and listening when stoppes the agent daemon. But probably its not the reason, because it would cause always daemon's stopping when the modules are refreshing.

That's strange that there isnt any log messages anywhere, that Ubuntu killed the daemon (syslog, kern.log)

Kind regards,
Gadge.