The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server-Side Python Module works in CLI but not passing data to Pandora
Hi all,

I have followed these instructions to a tee: https://pandorafms.com/blog/create-remot...ndora-fms/

.. to create a simple python script that print(results) of a SINGLE VALUE sql statement.

Code:
cursor = conn.cursor()
cursor.execute("SELECT DATEDIFF(SECOND, MAX(CreatedDateTime), GETDATE()) FROM Queue WHERE Status = 'Processed'")
data = cursor.fetchone()
for row in data :
       print (row[0])

Returns a simple number like so: 

Code:
[pandora] /usr/bin/python /usr/share/pandora_server/util/msgqueuelatestprocessed.py -s 10.1.x.65

(4387 is the output).

I configured this in Pandora as a simple standard plugin. For testing purposes I have not used any macros and staticallly setting the IP i'm querying in the commands parameters.

I then configured a check as a plugin module using this command. I tried both generic numeric and generic string. When the check runs, I can definitely see the python script running and SQL Server trace is showing my query arriving and being answered. No errors in pandora log files. Yet the module stays uninitialised/blue and with no data.

The docs say my simple output should be piped by Pandora into the modules data field.

I verified that I can logon as the pandora user and access/execute this script as given to me in the command preview.

I feel like I'm missing something simple. Could someone advice what I could possibly be doing wrong?

Pandora FMS status info
Pandora FMS Build
PC190731
Pandora FMS Version
v7.0NG.737

Edit: DEBUG LOG Shows:

Code:
2020-02-04 05:38:45 monitor [V10] Decoding json macros from # 57433 plugin command '/usr/share/pandora_server/util/msgqueuelatestprocessed.py'
2020-02-04 05:38:45 monitor [V9] Executing AM # 57433 plugin command '/usr/share/pandora_server/util/msgqueuelatestprocessed.py -s 10.1.236.65'

Also my plugin_timeout in the UI i tried setting high excessively. I also saw this post: https://pandorafms.org/forum/thread-7088.html    but this does not apply to me. When I test the python script it comes back in less than a second and my plugin_timeout in server.conf is set to 12
Messages In This Thread
Server-Side Python Module works in CLI but not passing data to Pandora - by sputnikk23 - 02-04-2020, 05:34 AM