Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attemtping to get gmail email server working with pandora
I had originally opened a thread for this issue back in January:
http://openideas.info/smf/index.php/topic,2438.0.html
but it's been over 120 days since a reply has been made on that thread so the forum software suggested I open a new thread.  I was getting by with a different mail server since January but I no longer have access to that server so now I'm back to trying to use the gmail smtp server, with which I'm still having issues.

Regardless of what configuration I try, I get the following error message in /var/log/pandora/pandora_server.log:
2011-08-03 10:49:23 ubuntu [V1] [ERROR] Sending email to [email protected] with subject [PANDORA] Alert from agent ubuntu on module perl ping hpdekstop

Here is how I think the mail server settings should be set up in pandora_server.conf:
Code:
mta_address smtp.gmail.com

# mta_port: MTA port (default 25)
mta_port 587

# mta_user MTA User (if needed for auth, FQD or simple user, depending on your server)
mta_user hastapasta99

# mta_pass MTA Pass (if needed for auth)
mta_pass xxxxxxxx

# mta_auth MTA Auth system (if needed, support: LOGIN, PLAIN, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD)
mta_auth LOGIN

I tried all of the Auth system options but I still get the same error.

I have a java program that successfully uses the same gmail server for sending emails. Here's part of the java code:

Code:
String username = "hastapasta99";
String password = "xxxxxxx";

Properties props = new Properties();
props.put("mail.smtp.port","587");
props.put("mail.smtp.host", "smtp.gmail.com");
props.put("mail.smtp.auth", "true");
props.put("mail.smtp.starttls.enable", "true");
props.put("mail.debug", "false");

/*
* Setting these timeout values since sending mail sometimes hangs.
*/
props.put("mail.smtp.timeout", 60000);
props.put("mail.smtp.connectiontimeout", 60000);

//Session session = Session.getInstance(props);
Session session = Session.getInstance(props,new MyPasswordAuthenticator(username, password));

I'm able to successfully telnet to smtp.gmail.com on port 587 from the box running pandora server so it's not a network connection or firewall issue (I have the firewall completely disabled).

I'm using pandora FMS version 3.2 on ubuntu.

(c) 2006-2018 Artica Soluciones Tecnológicas. Contents of this wiki are under Create Common Attribution v3 licence. | pandorafms.com | pandorafms.org

Theme © MyBB Themes