Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
version 7 LDAP parameters
Hi all,

Just installed Pandora 7.0.725. I got it running, but I'm stuck on configuring LDAP.

1/ The manual for version 6 shows a screenprint for LDAP parameters that aren't present in the version 7 (auto-create user, default profile)..

2/ How can we add the domain part for users (as Win LDAP requires domain\\user of [[email protected]][email protected][/email] format)?

I tried creating the user manually in FMS (using same username as in LDAP), but I am unable to login (using username, domain\username or [e[email protected]][email protected][/email]).
If I use the fallback option, that same user can login to the system...
(08-23-2018, 12:58 PM)tdemeyer Wrote: Hi all,

Just installed Pandora 7.0.725. I got it running, but I'm stuck on configuring LDAP.

1/ The manual for version 6 shows a screenprint for LDAP parameters that aren't present in the version 7 (auto-create user, default profile)..

2/ How can we add the domain part for users (as Win LDAP requires domain\\user of [[email protected]][email protected][/email] format)?

I tried creating the user manually in FMS (using same username as in LDAP), but I am unable to login (using username, domain\username or [[email protected]][email protected][/email]).
If I use the fallback option, that same user can login to the system...

Good morning tdemeyer,

In this new version that configuration of LDAP where you can auto-create user is now an ENTERPRISE option only. Unfortunately if you want this, or you degraded to version 6 or you become an Enterprise user.

If you have any more questions please let us know.

Alberto
(08-24-2018, 08:39 AM)alberto.sanchez Wrote: In this new version that configuration of LDAP where you can auto-create user is now an ENTERPRISE option only. Unfortunately if you want this, or you degraded to version 6 or you become an Enterprise user.

Hi,
so what is the use case scenario for LDAP in community version? Should I create each user manually/via SQL query? If yes then how to inform Pandora that this is the remote user and to check credentials with  remote open LDAP server?
Good morning fri.k

The option that was removed from the open version of PandoraFMS is the "autocreate user" which was only creating LDAP users in Pandora locally. Currently LDAP is still working without problems, you just have to create in the database the users you want and configure correctly the LDAP access in PandoraFMS. This way PandoraFMS will try to log in against LDAP, and in case of finding the user, it will do the login, and it will not leave any trace in the list of PandoraFMS users.

Greetings
Diego