Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MySQL / Sqlite / Postgresql Table and DB sizes
Hi!

My apps use mostly MySQL and Sqlite, but one or two also use Postgresql. Postresql seems to be the most complicated to monitor, MySQL the easiest and Sqlite seems to be somewhere in between.

Can you recommend me a way of monitoring the table and database sizes of these three databases? Also, what kind of performance parameters (e.g. transactions per second, "long requests", etc.) would you monitor in Sqlite and Postgresql and how would you do that?

(System: Raspbian Stretch)

Thanks!
[quote="annomatik" pid='26427' dateline='1537518749']
Hi!

My apps use mostly MySQL and Sqlite, but one or two also use Postgresql. Postresql seems to be the most complicated to monitor, MySQL the easiest and Sqlite seems to be somewhere in between.

Can you recommend me a way of monitoring the table and database sizes of these three databases? Also, what kind of performance parameters (e.g. transactions per second, "long requests", etc.) would you monitor in Sqlite and Postgresql and how would you do that?

(System: Raspbian Stretch)

Thanks!
[/quote]

Good morning annomatik,

Here i leave you an URL where we have some plugins in order to monitor different databases, I am sure that the Postgresql is in our repertory, try to search for Sqlite. If no plugin is done, tell me so so i can search for another solution for you.

https://pandorafms.com/library/

I must say you that after all the post and use you are giving to Pandora FMS, you could have more support and issues if you try the Enterprise version.

Best Regards,

Alberto
Hi Alberto,

well, I don't know, if I have told you yet, but currently, I'm only using Pandora FMS in my home network. I have about 20 devices which I like to monitor and work well, but it's "only" a hobby, an expensive one, which does not make me any money.

So, I'm a "single user". Isn't that a little bit like buying a whole tv studio just because you want to make a short video of your kids with your camcorder?

Currently, I think, Pandora is already useful to me, but it could use some "polish". It ships with an example agent config, where 100 % CPU use is "normal" and 99 % CPU use is "critical", the Android client is not working at all, on the mobile website, the list of modules is not sorted, the agents cannot be grouped (only in "Unknown"), the data graphs are not working in any web interface, the interface has "one way streets" in it, ...

I chose Pandora because it is a "free" product and seems to be "cooler" than Nagios / Zappix / what have you. And I also already invested a lot of time writing my own plugins for it. I even wrote a chat-bot interfacing with the Pandora Database. I start to get a basic idea of what monitoring (in general) is about -- I'm trying to understand it -- but my needs are more on an application level and for that, I have to write my own "sensors".

I can't see myself buying an enterprise monitoring solution for my home-network (why not right away buy Solarwinds or something like that), but maybe, one day, if you have a "home-edition", we can talk again.

I have now the "basics" -- is a system available at all, ssh, web, etc.. But for "deep" monitoring, I still have to invest a lot of time and from what I have seen, not even the enterprise-only modules can help me here.