Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Permanent Session" Session Timer not working - Solved
Hi! I have enterd "-1" as a Session Time in my user. Still, the session times out during a browser session and of course also after closing and starting the browser again. Please keep me logged in all the time, as configured and as suggested by the tool tip. This would especially be helpful for the mobile version. Thanks.

Uses browsers: Chrome on Windows 7 and Firefox on Android 8.

[Image: session-timeout.jpg]
(10-15-2018, 07:38 PM)annomatik Wrote: Hi! I have enterd "-1" as a Session Time in my user. Still, the session times out during a browser session and of course also after closing and starting the browser again. Please keep me logged in all the time, as configured and as suggested by the tool tip. This would especially be helpful for the mobile version. Thanks.

Uses browsers: Chrome on Windows 7 and Firefox on Android 8.

[Image: session-timeout.jpg]

Good morning annomatik,

Actually i use this token with the value 0 and when i shut down the browser and open it again, it maintains the session opened. Could it be because of some configuration of the browser itself?¿

Alberto
Hi! Value "0" for Session Time doesn't work for me either. Also, I don't think it's the browsers fault.

Remembering the log in works in:
- Confluence
- JIRA
- Facebook
and other websites, but it does not work for Pandora FMS. How could I debug this?

I'm using Chrome 70 (not the newer 71 because I don't like the interface) on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks!
(12-24-2018, 11:24 AM)annomatik Wrote: Hi! Value "0" for Session Time doesn't work for me either. Also, I don't think it's the browsers fault.

Remembering the log in works in:
- Confluence
- JIRA
- Facebook
and other websites, but it does not work for Pandora FMS. How could I debug this?

I'm using Chrome 70 (not the newer 71 because I don't like the interface) on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks!

Good morning annomatik,

Try to change the session time, not only in the user, but also in the configuration of Pandora FMS: Setup -> Authentication and put the session timeout to "-1". After making some test, this worked perfectly for me, with the user value at 0.

Merry Christmas. Alberto
That worked, thanks!