Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URL / HTTPS monitoring ?
Hi,
I'm a complete newbie to Pandora.

I managed to get the PandoraFMS community server and console installed on a CentOS machine on AWS, and I have it monitoring a Windows Server, also on AWS, using the Windows agent. 

The Windows server is a web server with a dozen small web sites on it.

How do I configure Pandora to monitor these URLs and alert if they do not respond ?
Should the Windows agent monitor them, and report to the Pandora server ? Or should the Pandora server monitoring them directly ? How do I configure this ?

Also, as a related question, these sites use HTTPS, can Pandora monitor the expiry date on the SSL certificate and alert as it get close to expiring.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jon.
(11-22-2018, 03:43 PM)JonRussell Wrote: Hi,
I'm a complete newbie to Pandora.

I managed to get the PandoraFMS community server and console installed on a CentOS machine on AWS, and I have it monitoring a Windows Server, also on AWS, using the Windows agent. 

The Windows server is a web server with a dozen small web sites on it.

How do I configure Pandora to monitor these URLs and alert if they do not respond ?
Should the Windows agent monitor them, and report to the Pandora server ? Or should the Pandora server monitoring them directly ? How do I configure this ?

Also, as a related question, these sites use HTTPS, can Pandora monitor the expiry date on the SSL certificate and alert as it get close to expiring.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jon.

Good morning JonRussell,

This type of monitoring is done with the Enterprise version of Pandora FMS, the OpenSource can't monitor HTTPS.

For monitoring only the http webs, and only is they are up, you can do it via network server.

Alberto