Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems creating db, schema and populating data
(04-01-2019, 07:39 PM)dmcclain Wrote: Ok, where do I go from here??  I've tried the multiple fixes reported in communities including mysql= "" and no engine substitution.  There is no usable information in any of the logs that tells me what the failures were incurred.  What next for troubleshooting and getting this running?

Pandora 733
MySQL-8.0.15
PHP 7.2

Install step 5 of 6
CREATING DATABASE AND DEFAULT CONFIGURATION FILE

Connection with Database

Creating database 'pandora'
There were some problems. Installation was not completed.
Please correct failures before trying again. All database schemes created in this step have been dropped.

Pandora FMS is an Open Source Software project registered at SourceForge

Greetings, dmcclain

Have you been able to take a screenshot of the command my partner asked you for? It would be extremely useful to identify the problem you have. 

On the other hand, Pandora FMS is currently running and tested under MySQL v 5.7.19 so newer versions might have compatibility problems. 

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.
I previously stated that the collector was functioning and I confirmed it was running and collecting NetFlow data by installing another NetFlow project that can provide the data and insight I was looking for from Pandora. I'll come back to this when I have more time to dedicate, but after a week, I have other duties that need my immediate attention. It is likely the MySQL8 that I loaded.
(04-03-2019, 01:11 PM)dmcclain Wrote: I previously stated that the collector was functioning and I confirmed it was running and collecting NetFlow data by installing another NetFlow project that can provide the data and insight I was looking for from Pandora.  I'll come back to this when I have more time to dedicate, but after a week, I have other duties that need my immediate attention.  It is likely the MySQL8 that I loaded.

Greetings, dmcclain

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Let us know when you have the time to install a previous version of MySQL to see the problem solved. 

Best regards, 

Eduardo.