Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu/Debian upgrade hell
Hi,

I'm using the Community edition of Pandora as a happy user.

However having it installed through the debian package manager is not working properly

1) due to the missing keys automated updates are not possible, I always need to do a manual apt-get upgrade

2) Server and console updates always fail, database updates are never executed and the console cannot be updated because it is already installed

this ends up in fidling with mr/*.sql files moving the console or just keep using old console because the new one just doesn't work. ( blank pages )

Any help would be really appreciated!

Bart
(04-25-2019, 08:20 PM)bartvanleeuwen Wrote: Hi,

I'm using the Community edition of Pandora as a happy user.

However having it installed through the debian package manager is not working properly

1) due to the missing keys automated updates are not possible, I always need to do a manual apt-get upgrade

2) Server and console updates always fail, database updates are never executed and the console cannot be updated because it is already installed

this ends up in fidling with mr/*.sql files moving the console or just keep using old console because the new one just doesn't work. ( blank pages )

Any help would be really appreciated!

Bart

Greetings, bartvanleeuwen

Which version of Pandora FMS are you currently running? 

In the meantime, I'll leave you here the link to the .deb packages of version 733: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pandora...an_Ubuntu/

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.
This is what I currently run, althought the console is still a old version

Pandora FMS v7.0NG.731 - Build 180702 - MR 27

I know the existence of the debian packages but I was wondering if that is prefered over the update site?

Bart
(04-27-2019, 07:48 AM)bartvanleeuwen Wrote: This is what I currently run, althought the console is still a old version

Pandora FMS v7.0NG.731 - Build 180702 - MR 27

I know the existence of the debian packages but I was wondering if that is prefered over the update site?

Bart

Good morning, Bart

Updating Pandora FMS is entirely up to your preferences in this case. However, seeing that you have the newest MR but an outdated version the update manager might have problems, so we recommend to update your installation with the Debian packages. 

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.