Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom reporting XML error - Entity 'Ouml' not defined
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, this is an error on an old version of Pandora FMS, v5.1SP3 - Build PC150624, but I can't upgrade it just yet. Maybe someone can help regardless.

I have a custom report which uses an SQL query, the result of which our client can download and parse as XML. This function has worked for a few months, but now it suddenly doesn't work (viewing the report as HTML is still possible). The problem seems to be that the output has an 'Ö' character (the modules' names contain this, so it's not unexpected), which messes up the XML conversion somehow.

This is my SQL query:
Code:
SELECT
tagente.nombre AS agent_name,
tagente_modulo.nombre AS module_name,
tagente_estado.datos
FROM tagente, tagente_modulo, tagente_estado WHERE tagente.id_agente = tagente_modulo.id_agente
AND tagente_estado.id_agente_modulo = tagente_modulo.id_agente_modulo AND tagente_modulo.disabled = 0 AND tagente.disabled = 0 AND tagente_modulo.nombre LIKE '%konfidencia%' AND tagente.id_grupo = 508
ORDER BY tagente.nombre ASC

Clicking on "Export to XML" gives the following error in Firefox:
Code:
XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: http://127.0.0.1/pandora_console/ajax.php?page=/var/www/html/pandora_console/operation/reporting/reporting_xml&id=16
Line Number 1, Column 526:
(long XML omitted by me) <Module>B&Ouml;&#x20;konfidencia&#x20;
----------------------------------^

And in Chrome:

Code:
error on line 1 at column 526: Entity 'Ouml' not defined

Any ideas what I could try to make this work again?

Thanks in advance!
(05-16-2019, 12:34 PM)Util Wrote: Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, this is an error on an old version of Pandora FMS, v5.1SP3 - Build PC150624, but I can't upgrade it just yet. Maybe someone can help regardless.

I have a custom report which uses an SQL query, the result of which our client can download and parse as XML. This function has worked for a few months, but now it suddenly doesn't work (viewing the report as HTML is still possible). The problem seems to be that the output has an 'Ö' character (the modules' names contain this, so it's not unexpected), which messes up the XML conversion somehow.

This is my SQL query:
Code:
SELECT
tagente.nombre AS agent_name,
tagente_modulo.nombre AS module_name,
tagente_estado.datos
FROM tagente, tagente_modulo, tagente_estado WHERE tagente.id_agente = tagente_modulo.id_agente
AND tagente_estado.id_agente_modulo = tagente_modulo.id_agente_modulo AND tagente_modulo.disabled = 0 AND tagente.disabled = 0 AND tagente_modulo.nombre LIKE '%konfidencia%' AND tagente.id_grupo = 508
ORDER BY tagente.nombre ASC

Clicking on "Export to XML" gives the following error in Firefox:
Code:
XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: http://127.0.0.1/pandora_console/ajax.php?page=/var/www/html/pandora_console/operation/reporting/reporting_xml&id=16
Line Number 1, Column 526:
(long XML omitted by me) <Module>B&Ouml;&#x20;konfidencia&#x20;
----------------------------------^

And in Chrome:

Code:
error on line 1 at column 526: Entity 'Ouml' not defined

Any ideas what I could try to make this work again?

Thanks in advance!

Good morning, Util

Unfortunately, Pandora FMS does not receive support for any version previous to 6. We strongly recommend you to update your installation as soon as possible, as we are currently running under version 734, MR 27. 

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.
Understandable, it's a pretty old version after all. I can't update it because it's on an isolated server, but I'll see if I can try something.