Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between PFMS console and PFMS Server installation
Hi All,

I'm going to use Pandora FMS (free version) to monitor the office network. And also I need to monitor our on premise cloud environment.(hypervisors and virtual instances). 

1. Am I  need to install both console and server ?
2. Can I get the details such as CPU usage, Memory usage, HDD usage and network traffic etc.. in a single VM ?
(06-16-2019, 11:12 AM)SandaruW Wrote: Hi All,

I'm going to use Pandora FMS (free version) to monitor the office network. And also I need to monitor our on premise cloud environment.(hypervisors and virtual instances). 

2. Can I get the details such as CPU usage, Memory usage, HDD usage and network traffic etc.. in a single VM ?

Greetings, SandaruW

Pandora FMS server is mandatory, on the other hand Pandora FMS console is not required but recommended. 

Pandora FMS console is used to visually display all the information, so it is a very useful tool unless you want to do all your work from your command terminal. 

Regarding your monitoring questions, yes, Pandora FMS is able to retrieve metrics of all the parameters you mentioned and much more.

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.
(06-17-2019, 07:57 AM)eduardo.corral Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 11:12 AM)SandaruW Wrote: Hi All,

Greetings, SandaruW

Pandora FMS server is mandatory, on the other hand Pandora FMS console is not required but recommended. 

Pandora FMS console is used to visually display all the information, so it is a very useful tool unless you want to do all your work from your command terminal. 

Regarding your monitoring questions, yes, Pandora FMS is able to retrieve metrics of all the parameters you mentioned and much more.

Kind regards, 

Eduardo.

Thank you so much Eduardo