Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandora on Gentoo
Hello All

I've been running Pandora FMS community version since version around 3 on my Gentoo Linux system in lab, because I don't have any other spare machine to run Pandora. I've been upgrading Pandora in half year cycles and server software in week cycles. Unfortunately this spring this combination stopped working. Pandora Server refuse to work with my Perl/PHP/MariaDB setup, complaining about concatenation and double '' strings in DBD:mysql::db.
  Today (after e-mail) I tried upgrade Pandora to 7.37 version using tar.gz packages, because there are no predefined for Gentoo. Unfortunately there is no change: still DBD:mysql::db (below fragment of /var/log/pandora_server.error):

2019-08-13 08:57:49 - hardproxy Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/Core.pm line 5153.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Incorrect double value: '' for column `pandora`.`tevento`.`data` at row 1 at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 875.
25 at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 885.
Perl exited with active threads:
        13 running and unjoined
        0 finished and unjoined
        0 running and detached

My system setup:
Gentoo Linux
php - 7.3.8
perl-5.28.2
mariadb-10.2.22-r1

What else can I list here to make thing clean?

Thanks in advance - Jarek
Hello Jarek,

Could you send the pandora logs? They may give us some info.

Best regards
Diego
(08-13-2019, 08:06 AM)DiegoM Wrote: Hello Jarek,

Could you send the pandora logs? They may give us some info.

Best regards
Diego

Hello Diego.

Of course - I'' attach all I have. But it's not much.

Best Regard from rainy Silesia - Jarek

Attached Files

.zip   Logi.zip (Size: 1.29 KB / Downloads: 2)
Hello Jarek,

Did you apply all the MR? PandoraFMS Logs returns an error that is common when you lack some of the MR. Tell us if the problem perisists and we'll find another solution.

Best regards
Diego
(08-19-2019, 07:35 AM)DiegoM Wrote: Hello Jarek,

Did you apply all the MR? PandoraFMS Logs returns an error that is common when you lack some of the MR. Tell us if the problem perisists and we'll find another solution.

Best regards
Diego

Hello Diego

Maybe it looks unprofessional, but I'm not sure what is "MR".
I installed Pandora this way:
1. Install pandora server (unzip pandorafms_server.tar.gz; perl Makefile.pl, make, make install)
2. Install pandora console (pretty the same way, just showing correct path to /var/www/... )
3. Run the web based configurator. It hangs on the 4th step (processing the database), so I processed the sql scripts using phpmyadmin.
4. Set the correct password in config at /etc/pandora/...
5. Try to start up /etc/init.d/pandora_server start

Please let me know what are the MRs and what else can I do better, to let Pandora work.
(I'm leaving office for a few days off, so my next message will come in September).

Best Regards - Jarek
Hello Jarek!

MR are the initials for Minor Release, which usually make changes on the BBDD, when you update PandoraFMS via packages the MR wont be applied (With update manager online they are automatizated). To apply the MR go to your mysql and write the next command:

source /var/www/html/pandora_console/extras/mr/XX.sql

Since I dont know your actual MR, I suggest to apply them all, change the XX in the command for 1 to 30 and you should be fine.

Comment any other problem you have!

Best regards
Diego
Hello Diego
I'm back in the office (just today and tomorrow, before another site mission). Following your advices, I've tried to pull all the MRs.sql into DB. Most of them execute with the error status (example output from phpmyadmin below):

--- Cut Here - Begin ---
Import has been successfully finished, 9 queries executed. (1.sql)
Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE tusuario add default_event_filter int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0

MySQL said: Documentation
#1060 - Duplicate column name 'default_event_filter'

--- Cut Here - End ---

Only a few queries are parsed without errors.
I've uploaded newer version (7.38) today, and nothing changed. PHP Installer stops on step 4 - probably sql errors mentioned above.

This error:
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/Core.pm line 5153.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Incorrect double value: '' for column `pandora`.`tevento`.`data` at row 1 at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 875.

lets me think about, that there is some interface level incompatibility between perl engine used by Pandora and MariaDB sql, because there is no data in table tevento, returned value is NULL, and perl doesn;t understand that, complaining about empty '' string.

Any ideas what to change in my setup?
Gentoo Linux
php - 7.3.8
perl-5.28.2
Server type: MariaDB
Server version: 10.2.22-MariaDB - Source distribution
Protocol version: 10
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Best Regards - Jarek
Good morning

After you run the source /var/www/html/pandora_console/extras/mr/XX.sql and apply all the MR one by one you also have to update in the bbdd the MR so you have to enter your mysql and try this :

update tconfig set value = XX.sql where token like 'MR';

(Where the XX is the number of currently MR asociated to your version of Pandora FMS. If you're on 738 the MR is 31)

Best regards
Hello Jamal

Actually value for token MR in tconfig table is 31. My MariaDB reject this query:
" use pandora; update tconfig set value=31.sql where token like 'MR';"
With an error:
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that correspnds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'sql where token lie 'MR'' at line 1.
I can change it in phpmyadmin, but I don't get a sense for it, since pandora server reject NULL values in form of empty '' returned from pandora.tevento.data table:
Example startup of Pandora server ends with:
2019-09-04 08:45:04 - hardproxy Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/Core.pm line 5154.
Perl exited with active threads:
12 running and unjoined
1 finished and unjoined
0 running and detached

Any Ideas ?

Regards - JJ