• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boolean module always return 0 and 1 in events
Hi

I have configured this module :

#SYSTEM SWAPPING
module_begin
module_name Swap
module_type generic_proc
module_exec if [ `free -m | tail -n 1 | awk '{print $3}'` = "0" ]; then echo 1; else echo 0; fi
module_description SWAP OK
module_end

So if swap is used, the value is set to 0 (BAD)
I swap is not used, the value is set to 1 (GOOD)

But when i restart the pandrafms service, always a 0 and a 1 is written in events

[Image: Image-1.jpg]

But if you launch manually the command in cli :

if [ `free -m | tail -n 1 | awk '{print $3}'` = "0" ]; then echo 1; else echo 0; fi
The value is always 1.

So why i have 0 in events ??

Thanks for your help
HI
First, thanks for your reply.

But 2 questions :
- Why my command not work properly ? the command return always the good result in CLI, but not in PandoraFMS

- Your command return correct value in cli, but have the same problem, it return always 0 then 1 at every pandora service restart ...

Seems only change the FF Threshold to solve this issue. Actually, i ask for every change status, i has to pass in minimum 2 or 3 change in FF Threshold.
Hello troublestarterxxx,

We have tried to replicate the bug you have in our machines without success, in which version do you currently have PandoraFMS? Maybe this problem has been solved in past versions of pandora.

Also, could you tell us where you are configuring this module and what service you are restarting?

Greetings
Diego
(03-09-2020, 09:08 AM)Diego.M Wrote: Hello troublestarterxxx,

We have tried to replicate the bug you have in our machines without success, in which version do you currently have PandoraFMS? Maybe this problem has been solved in past versions of pandora.

Also, could you tell us where you are configuring this module and what service you are restarting?

Greetings
Diego

I restart the pandora_agent on the client.
Our version is 191231 in update manager.
Client version of pandora is pandorafms_agent_unix-7.0NG.735-1.noarch

Thanks for your reply.
(03-09-2020, 09:08 AM)Diego.M Wrote: Hello troublestarterxxx,

Greetings
Diego

I restart the pandorafms client service.
Pandorafms agent version : pandorafms_agent_unix-7.0NG.735-1.noarch
Pandorafms server version : 191231
Hello troublestarterxxx,

The version of Pandora is visible on the footer of the console, and got this format: "Pandora FMS v7.0NG.744 - Build PC200312 - MR 36". Send us again the version, but i suspect you must update pandora.

Greetings
Diego
(03-12-2020, 11:07 AM)Diego.M Wrote: Hello troublestarterxxx,

The version of Pandora is visible on the footer of the console, and got this format: "Pandora FMS v7.0NG.744 - Build PC200312 - MR 36". Send us again the version, but i suspect you must update pandora.

Greetings
Diego

Sorry for the delay, here is the version :

v7.0NG.733

I wil try update Pandora FMS server version
Hello troublestarterxxx,

I recommend you to update both the console and the Pandora FMS server, I'm afraid you have an outdated version and maybe the bug you suffer will be fixed with the new versions.

Greetings
Diego