Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perform bulk operations by script/cron job
Hello together,

is there a way to perform bulk operations driven by a script (and then automatically repeated by cron)?
If so, in which direction I have to look, API calls or sth. else?

Kind regards
Jörg
Hello,

Yes, you can launch the bulk operation from sctipts, API or CLI, tell me what exactly you want to do so I can help you and give you an address to investigate.

Greetings
Diego
Hello Diego,

I'm investigating the possibilities of the Pandora system.

Actually I'm rolling out the Pandora agent on several clients via Windows GPO to automatically enter the configured agent group which works smoothly.

Now I want to bulk operate every 30 minutes for example to assign an alert for all group members of group "Cashbox" on status "Unknown" for module "LastContact".

Kind greets
Jörg
Good morning

I don't know if you could use the bulk for what you are thinking, but I can tell you that this can be done with extreme easiness through the agent configuration and the policies, which are exclusive features of the Pandora FMS enterprise version. I recommend you to contact our sales department to consult prices for this version, as it will be extremely easy and simple for you in this way.

Send an email to [email protected] for more information.

Greetings
Diego
[quote pid='31451' dateline='1591703382']
Hi Diego,

please let me explain the given situation.

At unpredictable times and amounts computers are joining our Windows domain.
The Pandora FMS Agent on every computer is properly installed and configured and all new computers appear in the group named "Domain Computers".

To ensure, that an alert is generated, whenever a member of this group has less space on drive C: we force a pitiable colleague to take following steps every 5 minutes:

Configuration/Bulk operations/Alert operations/Add alerts in bulk
Group: "Domain Computers" -> Select all listed agents - Show common modules - Select "C:" -> Alert template "Critical Alert - 24 h" -> [Add]

Configuration/Bulk operations/Alert operations/Add alert actions in bulk
Group: "Domain Computers" -> Select all listed agents - Alert template "Critical Alert - 24 h" - Select "C:" -> Action "Mail to Group Contact" -> [Add]

In order to rescue this desperate guy from the annoying work and prevent him from committing suicide, we want to hand over this work to a script, which a cron job could start in the required frequency.

:-)

Greets from 
Jörg
[/quote]
Good morning

So you tell me that I don't think that you could do what you are thinking with an open version, but with the enterprise version it would be configured in 5 minutes, as I told you before, consider to acquire the Pandora FMS enterprise version.

Greetings
Diego
Hello Diego,

actually I have to deal only with the open version as I have to figure out the open version's possibilities.
Maybe the enterprise version will be a later option, but for now I only can use the open version.

Furthermore I wanted to get in touch with the possibilities to automate processes and adapt the system to our needs using it's gorgeous flexibility.

Greets
Jörg
Morning,

In this case I recommend you to investigate the API calls related to the alerts, surely you can find the solution you propose

Greetings
Diego
Hi Diego,

thanks for the hint, I assume I'll get on with it.

Greets
Jörg