Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem after installing using *.rpm
Hope someone can help me with my problem wher i dl and install Pandora FMS using rpm package create by Manuel Arostegui. I receive error as below when i try to run pandora_server and unable to find any solution. Anybody have any ideas?

Quote:Can't locate pandora_config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/bin/pandora_server line 35.
ok the above problem is solve (...i think) but then as i run to start the pandora_server...it prompt an error shown below but the i've put the correct path as i edit the pandora_config.pm file. Is it the correct way or the wrong way coz i really don't know how to specify a valid path in command line. Please help me. Thanks Smile

Quote:/usr/bin/pandora_server start

Pandora Server 1.2 Build PS061123 Copyright © 2004-2006 ArticaST
This program is Free Software, licensed under the terms of GPL License v2 or later.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://pandora.sourceforge.net

[ERROR] Cannot open configuration file at start/etc/pandora/conf/pandora_server.conf.
Please specify a valid Pandora Home Directory in command line.
Quote:ok the above problem is solve (...i think) but then as i run to start the pandora_server...it prompt an error shown below but the i've put the correct path as i edit the pandora_config.pm file. Is it the correct way or the wrong way coz i really don't know how to specify a valid path in command line. Please help me. Thanks Smile

Quote:/usr/bin/pandora_server start

This program is Free Software, licensed under the terms of GPL License v2 or later.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://pandora.sourceforge.net

[ERROR] Cannot open configuration file at start/etc/pandora/conf/pandora_server.conf.
Please specify a valid Pandora Home Directory in command line.

As I can see, you use the command line "/usr/bin/pandora_server start" which is not correct, as the pandora_server scripts needs that you have to specify a valid Pandora Home Directory, as the error says, that is you have to include the dicrectory into the command line: [code:1]/usr/bin/pandora_server /[/code]

As you can see, I have included the "/" at the end of the line.

I think this should be changed to have the pandora_server script included that directory.

Raul
Hi raul,

Thanks a lot for giving me the solution Big Grin as you can see below is the result of the problem. As you can see also there's an error in Date::Manip which it cannot determine the Timezone, is there anything i should do to recover it.

Quote: /usr/bin/pandora_server /

This program is Free Software, licensed under the terms of GPL License v2 or lat er.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://pandora.sourceforge .net.

[*] Server basepath is /
[*] Server logfile at /var/log/pandora/pandora_server.log
[*] Server errorlogfile at /var/log/pandora/pandora_server.error
[*] Server incoming directory at /var/spool/pandora/data_in
[*] Server keepalive 60
[*] Server threshold 5
[*] You are running Pandora Data Server.
[*] This server is running in MASTER mode.
ERROR: Date::Manip unable to determine TimeZone.
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Date/Manip.pm line 3637
Date::Manip:Big Grinate_TimeZone called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Da te/Manip.pm line 678
Date::Manip:Big Grinate_Init() called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Date /Manip.pm line 801
Date::Manip::ParseDateString('today') called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_pe rl/5.8.8/Date/Manip.pm line 1793
Date::Manip::UnixDate('today', '%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S') called at /usr/lib/p erl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/pandora_tools.pm line 142
pandora_tools::logger('HASH(0x87b8e3c)', 'Launching Pandora Data Server 1.2 PS061123', 0) called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-mul ti/pandora_config.pm line 263
pandora_config::pandora_loadconfig('HASH(0x87b8e3c)', 0) called at /usr/ bin/pandora_server line 48
[[email protected] ~]$

Ohh and by the way, the pandora console is up but i don't know how to add any server, is it because i didn't install the agent. after i start pandora_server then i do the same for pandora_network and pandora_snmpconsole but seems nothing happen. Should i install agent in all server in order to add that server in web console. :?:
I think the problem should be that you haven't set the TZ (timezone) variable into the shell, which is needed by the Date::Manip perl module.

Try
[code:1]export TZ=WET[/code]

Well, WET is Western European Time :-d, you should use your TimeZone :-D

About the servers: The first time an agent sends information to the server and the server insert its data into the database, the server will be automatically created and you'll see it into the console.

I think nil can explain much than me about the Network Servers :-D

Raul
well the pandora server been live since it's up like 3 days and still no server is being added to it. Even more i cannot manually add any server from the console using "Manage Server" tab from the console. I'm very lost in setting this Pandora FMS. I'm not sure what i missed coz i'm using the *.rpm coz if i used the tar.gz file, i couldn't follow it's install manual. Is it really stable in FC5...
Did you install the console by using the rpm? Is it working, I mean, can you log into the console succesfully?
With those question I'd like to find out if the problems come from the rpm (i don't think so) or you're missing something when working with the console
Quote:Hope someone can help me with my problem wher i dl and install Pandora FMS using rpm package create by Manuel Arostegui. I receive error as below when i try to run pandora_server and unable to find any solution. Anybody have any ideas?

Quote:Can't locate pandora_config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/bin/pandora_server line 35.

My bad, I'm going to solve that as soon as possible Smile
Fixed.

Pandora_Server package has been already rebuild on my reposistory
guess i have to reinstall the rpm package back Big Grin but anyhow answering you previous question, yes i can view and log in to the console page but the thing is can i manually add server or the local server itself will search for any server it detected via agent installed in each of it. Because currently there's no server being added and it's not monitoring as it should be....and why :?:

p/s: is the new rpm can be download via the same link as before... :?:

and by the way...i've notice something from Pandora on Slackware 11 thread where it says that under Pandora server section is would show running process in green...coz mine just show

Quote:There are no servers configured into the database

and that's all...