Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pandora on Slackware 11
#1
Hi all,

i have intalled pandora fms 1.2 on slackware 11.

For pandora start, i use three scripts:

- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_network start
- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_server start
- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_ snmpconsole start

In webconsole, under 'pandora server section', i see that this process are green...but afetr one minutes,only pandora_ snmpconsole process is green and pandora_server and pandora_netwrok are down (with red icon).

On linux, in pandora_log:
2007/01/15 14:51:32 [V1] Server pandora_Data going Down
2007/01/15 14:51:32 [V1] Server pandora_Net going Down

I don't understand why...


Another question is possible:

- i receive many traps..and snmpconsole works fine.
Can i filter only some types of traps?


Thanks a lot

Cristiano
 Reply
#2
Quote:Hi all,
i have intalled pandora fms 1.2 on slackware 11.
For pandora start, i use three scripts:
- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_network start
- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_server start
- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_ snmpconsole start
In webconsole, under 'pandora server section', i see that this process are green...but afetr one minutes,only pandora_ snmpconsole process is green and pandora_server and pandora_netwrok are down (with red icon).
On linux, in pandora_log:
2007/01/15 14:51:32 [V1] Server pandora_Data going Down
2007/01/15 14:51:32 [V1] Server pandora_Net going Down
I don't understand why...

Daemon start-up scripts sometimes "hidden" possible console errors, try to launch "manually":
cd bin
./pandora_network.pl /xxx/xxx/xxx/pandora_server.conf

This probably gives you more hints about what is happen in your system.

Quote:- i receive many traps..and snmpconsole works fine.
Can i filter only some types of traps?
Cristiano

This would be a nice feature for next version, please detail it and give some examples and a easy way to manage and be sure that will be added for next versions of Pandora :-)
 Reply
#3
Quote:
scudo77 Wrote:Hi all,
i have intalled pandora fms 1.2 on slackware 11.
For pandora start, i use three scripts:
- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_network start
- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_server start
- /opt/pandora_server/pandora_ snmpconsole start
In webconsole, under 'pandora server section', i see that this process are green...but afetr one minutes,only pandora_ snmpconsole process is green and pandora_server and pandora_netwrok are down (with red icon).
On linux, in pandora_log:
2007/01/15 14:51:32 [V1] Server pandora_Data going Down
2007/01/15 14:51:32 [V1] Server pandora_Net going Down
I don't understand why...

Daemon start-up scripts sometimes "hidden" possible console errors, try to launch "manually":
cd bin
./pandora_network.pl /xxx/xxx/xxx/pandora_server.conf

This probably gives you more hints about what is happen in your system.

Quote:- i receive many traps..and snmpconsole works fine.
Can i filter only some types of traps?
Cristiano

This would be a nice feature for next version, please detail it and give some examples and a easy way to manage and be sure that will be added for next versions of Pandora :-)

Also with ./pandora_network.pl /xxx/xxx/xxx/pandora_server.conf and ./pandora_server.pl /xxx/xxx/xxx/pandora_server.conf is the same thing...

For the filter...

the possibility to choise the trap that i want see in snmpconsole:
- only with a particular oid
- only with a particolar text
- maybe from only some ip
- and many level for the trap
- if oid is xxx this is green and level is normal
- if oid is xxx this is red and level is normal
- and so and so...
- and the possibility to see only green level or only red level of trap
- and the traps, in my opinion, they would have registered in mysql
 Reply
#4
Have you check errorlog ?

Have your put verbosity to max ? ( verbosity 10 )

a "manual" run using perl pandora_server.pl xxx/pandora_server.conf should warn you about perl problems or whathever not-managed error.

About your suggestion for SNMP filtering, I input in our official tracking system at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=794855

Thanks.
 Reply
#5
Hi,

i think this...

I've integrated snmptt with pandora....and i change the code for snmpconsole.

So...i filter trap with snmptt (with some types of severity) and this filtered trap was registere in mysql (snmptt table and snmptt_unknown table).

So...i change snmp_view.php to point the correct table...

Snmptt it's a very good snmp translator...

It's a goog idea?


Quote:Have you check errorlog ?

Have your put verbosity to max ? ( verbosity 10 )

a "manual" run using perl pandora_server.pl xxx/pandora_server.conf should warn you about perl problems or whathever not-managed error.

About your suggestion for SNMP filtering, I input in our official tracking system at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=794855

Thanks.
 Reply
#6
data_server and network server crash always...

##############################################3
./pandora_network.pl -v -d -D /opt/pandora_server
##############################################3
Pandora Network Server 1.2 Build PS061123 Copyright © 2004-2006 ArticaST
This program is Free Software, licensed under the terms of GPL License v2 or later.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://pandora.sourceforge.net.

[W] It is not a good idea running Pandora Server as root user, please DON'T DO IT!
[*] Server basepath is /opt/pandora_server
[*] Server logfile at /opt/pandora_server/log/pandora_server.log
[*] Server errorlogfile at /opt/pandora_server/log/pandora_server.error
[*] Server incoming directory at /opt/pandora_server/data_in
[*] Server keepalive 60
[*] Server threshold 5
[*] You are running Pandora Network Server.
[*] This server is running in MASTER mode.
[*] Backgrounding...
##############################################3

##############################################3
./pandora_server.pl -v -d -D /opt/pandora_server
##############################################3
Pandora Server 1.2 Build PS061123 Copyright © 2004-2006 ArticaST
This program is Free Software, licensed under the terms of GPL License v2 or later.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://pandora.sourceforge.net.

[W] It is not a good idea running Pandora Server as root user, please DON'T DO IT!
[*] Server basepath is /opt/pandora_server
[*] Server logfile at /opt/pandora_server/log/pandora_server.log
[*] Server errorlogfile at /opt/pandora_server/log/pandora_server.error
[*] Server incoming directory at /opt/pandora_server/data_in
[*] Server keepalive 60
[*] Server threshold 5
[*] You are running Pandora Data Server.
[*] This server is running in MASTER mode
##############################################3

i don't have error and both crash after few minutes...


Quote:Hi,

i think this...

I've integrated snmptt with pandora....and i change the code for snmpconsole.

So...i filter trap with snmptt (with some types of severity) and this filtered trap was registere in mysql (snmptt table and snmptt_unknown table).

So...i change snmp_view.php to point the correct table...

Snmptt it's a very good snmp translator...

It's a goog idea?


nil Wrote:Have you check errorlog ?

Have your put verbosity to max ? ( verbosity 10 )

a "manual" run using perl pandora_server.pl xxx/pandora_server.conf should warn you about perl problems or whathever not-managed error.

About your suggestion for SNMP filtering, I input in our official tracking system at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=794855

Thanks.
 Reply
#7
Quote:data_server and network server crash always...

##############################################3
./pandora_network.pl -v -d -D /opt/pandora_server
##############################################3
Pandora Network Server 1.2 Build PS061123 Copyright © 2004-2006 ArticaST
This program is Free Software, licensed under the terms of GPL License v2 or later.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://pandora.sourceforge.net

[W] It is not a good idea running Pandora Server as root user, please DON'T DO IT!
[*] Server basepath is /opt/pandora_server
[*] Server logfile at /opt/pandora_server/log/pandora_server.log
[*] Server errorlogfile at /opt/pandora_server/log/pandora_server.error
[*] Server incoming directory at /opt/pandora_server/data_in
[*] Server keepalive 60
[*] Server threshold 5
[*] You are running Pandora Network Server.
[*] This server is running in MASTER mode.
[*] Backgrounding...
##############################################3

##############################################3
./pandora_server.pl -v -d -D /opt/pandora_server
##############################################3
Pandora Server 1.2 Build PS061123 Copyright © 2004-2006 ArticaST
This program is Free Software, licensed under the terms of GPL License v2 or later.
You can download latest versions and documentation at http://pandora.sourceforge.net.

[W] It is not a good idea running Pandora Server as root user, please DON'T DO IT!
[*] Server basepath is /opt/pandora_server
[*] Server logfile at /opt/pandora_server/log/pandora_server.log
[*] Server errorlogfile at /opt/pandora_server/log/pandora_server.error
[*] Server incoming directory at /opt/pandora_server/data_in
[*] Server keepalive 60
[*] Server threshold 5
[*] You are running Pandora Data Server.
[*] This server is running in MASTER mode
##############################################3

i don't have error and both crash after few minutes...


scudo77 Wrote:Hi,

i think this...

I've integrated snmptt with pandora....and i change the code for snmpconsole.

So...i filter trap with snmptt (with some types of severity) and this filtered trap was registere in mysql (snmptt table and snmptt_unknown table).

So...i change snmp_view.php to point the correct table...

Snmptt it's a very good snmp translator...

It's a goog idea?


nil Wrote:Have you check errorlog ?

Have your put verbosity to max ? ( verbosity 10 )

a "manual" run using perl pandora_server.pl xxx/pandora_server.conf should warn you about perl problems or whathever not-managed error.

About your suggestion for SNMP filtering, I input in our official tracking system at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=794855

Thanks.

Try to run only the pandora_server, to see what is doing. I suppose you have reviewed if the PATH /opt/pandora_server/log exists. Check also permissions to the error log file.

Try also to use the verbosity (in pandora_server.conf, change in line 36 (in my case) verbosity 1 to [code:1]verbosity 10[/code].

Raul
 Reply
#8
Quote:Hi,

i think this...

I've integrated snmptt with pandora....and i change the code for snmpconsole.

So...i filter trap with snmptt (with some types of severity) and this filtered trap was registere in mysql (snmptt table and snmptt_unknown table).

So...i change snmp_view.php to point the correct table...

Snmptt it's a very good snmp translator...

It's a goog idea?


nil Wrote:Have you check errorlog ?

Have your put verbosity to max ? ( verbosity 10 )

a "manual" run using perl pandora_server.pl xxx/pandora_server.conf should warn you about perl problems or whathever not-managed error.

About your suggestion for SNMP filtering, I input in our official tracking system at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=794855

Thanks.

A very good idea, if you want to contribute pandora and send your scripts/code about, could be very interesting to add some little doc on how to integrate it, I don't know snmptt until now, I'll check it.
 Reply
#9
For the integration...i'm very interesting to contribute to pandora:

SNMPTT:
- install snmptt
- configure snmptt to store snmp traps into mysql (tables: snmptt and snmptt_unknown)
- i create this table into pandora db
- for snmptt conf there is a very goog documentation (http://www.snmptt.org/docs/snmptt.shtml), but if you i want i send you my files for configuration and for the traps translation

PANDORA:
- i modiefid:
/opt/pandora_server/pandora_snmpconsole...so i start snmp
DAEMON="$DAEMON_PATH/snmptrapd -c /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf -On"

- i modified:
snmptrapd.conf
disableAuthorization yes
printNumericOids 1
traphandle default /usr/sbin/snmptt

- i modified:
snmp_view.php (there is a comment // cristiano // for the lines modifed)

- i modified:
language_it.php and language_en.php
ADD: $lang_label["EVENT"] = "Event";
ADD: $lang_label["SEVERITY"] = "Severity";

Tell me is everything is ok!

I'm very interesting to contribute pandora!

Ciao

Cristiano

snmp_view.php (if you prefer i send you the php file via email)
<script>
<!--
function CheckAll()
{
for (var i=0;i<document.eventtable.elements.length;i++)
{
var e = document.eventtable.elements[i];
if (e.type == 'checkbox' && e.name != 'allbox')
e.checked = 1;
}
}
function OpConfirm(text, conf)
{
for (var i=0;i<document>
</script>

<?php

// Load global vars
require("include/config.php");

if (comprueba_login() == 0) {
// Var init
$accion = "";
$offset_counter =0;

$id_usuario =$_SESSION["id_usuario"];
if (give_acl($id_usuario, 0, "AR")==1) {
// OPERATIONS

// Delete SNMP Trap entryEvent (only incident management access).
if (isset($_GET["delete"])){
$id_trap = $_GET["delete"];
if (give_acl($id_usuario, 0, "IM") ==1){
// cristiano // $sql2="DELETE FROM ttrap WHERE id_trap =".$id_trap;
$sql2="DELETE FROM snmptt WHERE id =".$id_trap;
$result2=mysql_query($sql2);
if ($result) { echo "<h3>".$lang_label["delete_event_ok"]."</h3>";}
} else {
audit_db($id_usuario,$REMOTE_ADDR, "ACL Violation","Trying to delete event ID".$id_trap);
}
}

// Check Event (only incident write access).
if (isset($_GET["check"])){
$id_trap = $_GET["check"];
if (give_acl($id_usuario, 0, "IW") ==1){
// cristiano // $sql2="UPDATE ttrap set status=1, id_usuario = '".$id_usuario."' WHERE id_trap = ".$id_trap;
$sql2="UPDATE snmptt set status=1, id_usuario = '".$id_usuario."' WHERE id = ".$id_trap;
$result2=mysql_query($sql2);
if ($result2) { echo "<h3>".$lang_label["validate_event_ok"]."</h3>";}

} else {
audit_db($id_usuario,$REMOTE_ADDR, "ACL Violation","Trying to checkout SNMP Trap ID".$id_trap);
}
}

// Mass-process DELETE
if (isset($_POST["deletebt"])){
$count=0;
if (give_acl($id_usuario, 0, "IW") ==1){
while ($count <= $block_size){
if (isset($_POST["snmptrapid".$count])){
$trap_id = $_POST["snmptrapid".$count];
// cristiano // mysql_query("DELETE FROM ttrap WHERE id_trap =".$trap_id);
mysql_query("DELETE FROM snmptt WHERE id =".$trap_id);
}
$count++;
}
} else {
audit_db($id_usuario,$REMOTE_ADDR, "ACL Violation","Trying to mass-delete SNMP Trap ID");
}
}

// Mass-process UPDATE
if (isset($_POST["updatebt"])){
$count=0;
if (give_acl($id_usuario, 0, "IW") ==1){
while ($count </h2> $block_size){
// If existes more registers tha$row["id_usuario"]n i can put in a page, calculate index markers
$index_counter = ceil($total_eventos/$block_size);
for ($i = 1; $i <= $index_counter; $i++) {
$inicio_bloque = ($i * $block_size - $block_size);
$final_bloque = $i * $block_size;
if ($total_eventos < $final_bloque)
$final_bloque = $total_eventos;
echo '<a>';
$inicio_bloque_fake = $inicio_bloque + 1;
if ($inicio_bloque == $offset)
echo '<b>[ '.$inicio_bloque_fake.' - '.$final_bloque.' ]</b>';
else
echo '[ '.$inicio_bloque_fake.' - '.$final_bloque.' ]';
echo '</a> ';
}
echo "<br><br>";
// if exists more registers than i can put in a page (defined by $block_size config parameter)
// get offset for index calculation
}

echo "</div>";
*/

if (isset($_GET["offset"])){
$offset=entrada_limpia($_GET["offset"]);
} else {
$offset=0;
}
echo "<br>";
echo "<table>";
echo "<tr>";
echo "<th>".$lang_label["status"];
// cristiano // echo "<th>".$lang_label["OID"];
echo "<th>".$lang_label["SEVERITY"];
echo "<th>".$lang_label["SNMP_agent"];
echo "<th>".$lang_label["customvalue"];
echo "<th>".$lang_label["id_user"];
echo "<th>".$lang_label["timestamp"];
echo "<th>".$lang_label["alert"];
echo "<th>".$lang_label["action"];
echo "<th>";
echo "<label>".$lang_label["all"]." </label>";
echo '<input></th>';
echo "<form>";
$id_trap = 0;
if ($offset !=0)
$offset_limit = $offset +1;
else
$offset_limit = $offset;
// Skip offset records
for ($a=$offset_limit;$a < ($block_size + $offset + 1);$a++){
if (isset($trap_list[$a])){
$id_trap = $trap_list[$a];
// cristiano // $sql="SELECT * FROM ttrap WHERE id_trap = $id_trap";
$sql="SELECT * FROM snmptt WHERE id = $id_trap";
if ($result=mysql_query($sql)){
$row=mysql_fetch_array($result);
$offset_counter++;
echo "<tr>";
echo "<td>";
if ($row["status"] == 0){
echo "<img>";
}
else {
echo "<img>";
}
// cristiao // echo "<td>".$row["oid"];
if ($row["severity"] == "Warning" ) {
echo "<td>"."<b><font>".strtoupper($row["severity"])."</font></b>"; //forse da cambiare
} else {
echo "<td>".$row["severity"]; //forse da cambiare
}
// cristiano // $sql="SELECT * FROM tagente WHERE direccion = '".$row["source"]."'";
$sql="SELECT * FROM tagente WHERE direccion = '".$row["agentip"]."'";
$result2=mysql_query($sql); // If there's any agent with this IP we show name and link to agent
if ($row2=mysql_fetch_array($result2)){
echo "<td><a><b>
".dame_nombre_agente($row2["id_agente"])."</b></a>";
}
else {
// cristiano // echo "<td>".$row["source"];
echo "<td>".$row["agentip"];
}
// cristiano // echo "<td>".$row["value_custom"];
if ($row["severity"] == "Warning" ) {
echo "<td>"."<b>".$row["formatline"]."</b>";
} else {
echo "<td>".$row["formatline"];
}

echo "<td>";
if ($row["status"] </span>





Quote:
scudo77 Wrote:Hi,

i think this...

I've integrated snmptt with pandora....and i change the code for snmpconsole.

So...i filter trap with snmptt (with some types of severity) and this filtered trap was registere in mysql (snmptt table and snmptt_unknown table).

So...i change snmp_view.php to point the correct table...

Snmptt it's a very good snmp translator...

It's a goog idea?


nil Wrote:Have you check errorlog ?

Have your put verbosity to max ? ( verbosity 10 )

a "manual" run using perl pandora_server.pl xxx/pandora_server.conf should warn you about perl problems or whathever not-managed error.

About your suggestion for SNMP filtering, I input in our official tracking system at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=794855

Thanks.

A very good idea, if you want to contribute pandora and send your scripts/code about, could be very interesting to add some little doc on how to integrate it, I don't know snmptt until now, I'll check it.
 Reply
#10
Quote:For the integration...i'm very interesting to contribute to I'm very interesting to contribute pandora!

_Very_ nice !. Please send me all files by email. I want you to contribute more (helping us with Console or whathever you want, send me patches and files for email).

I'll send my email by email Wink
 Reply


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


(c) 2006-2018 Artica Soluciones Tecnológicas. Contents of this wiki are under Create Common Attribution v3 licence. | pandorafms.com | pandorafms.org

Theme © MyBB Themes