Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandora Server compilation error - won't start (RHEL6)
Hey Everybody,

I'm working on a project here and im trying to install PandoraFMS on a RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 machine.

So far so good - all the dependencies and packages are installed. I installed the pandora console via the web browser and all is good. The agent starts, the tentacle server starts, except for pandora server.

When starting pandora server (/etc/init.d/pandora_server start or service pandora_server start) i get the following errors:

Code:
Can't locate HTML/Entities.pm in @INC (@inc conatins ... ) at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/Tools.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/Tools.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 23.
BEGIN failed--compiulation aborted at Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 23.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/pandora_server line 28.

Does anybody know why i get this error and how i can solve it? I couldn't find anything on the interwebs.

Thanks in advantage.

Rob.
Hi blackhawk,

It seems to be a problem with perl. Can you try to reinstall it?

Cheers.
Do you mean reinstalling perl?

Let me try..
This is it blackhawk!
okay,

i tried updating perl by yum, and reinstalling perl by yum.

It still does not work... My current perl version is perl.i386 4:5.10.1-115.el6
I still have the same error. What can i do to solve this?
Hi blackhawk,

You need to install the HTML::Entities PERL library. I think the package name is perl-HTML-Parser in RHEL6, but I'm not 100% sure.
Wow, great! It works now. Thank you so much!

I've been messing around for days now. The server is up Smile

Thanks again!
I'm glad we could help :-)