Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alert Sending Mail issues
Hi,

I use the Pandora for like 3m and it's ok , i monitor 60 servers +  30 switch and other things .

the issue:

When sending an alert from the Pandora it uses the [email protected] sender and it's an issue for my Antispam system , i  went to  pandora_server.conf and changed the mta_from to a different sender , however all alerts are still send with [email protected] and it's really an issue.

Any thoughts ?

Eldad
Anybody??? i really need help !!!

Hi.

Maybe the Pandora Server need to restart the daemon. Could you try this?

Bye.
You gotta be joking , of course i restarted the Daemon after the change i have restarted the Serve, however pandora doesn't use my mail_from parameter, it's really a big issue cause i use an SMS service and i can send them Alerts in order them to send me SMS's , if i cant fix it , i will have to give up on my Pandora although i really relay on it ...

Eldad
anything i can do ? any logs that can help ?

Eldad
Hi,

I also updated my pandora server and console to the latest verion 3.2.1 however it didnt help.

also where i can find the Sent mail log (alerts)?

eldad
To check the logs, set verbosity at max (10) and see pandora_server.log, you have a lot of logs there. An easy way is to send to a "controlled" smtp server where you can check the logs locally.

Check your mta_from parameter, that parameter is WHITHOUT ":", something like:

mta_from [email protected]

You can always "test" the alert on the console, by clicking the "green donut" on the alert view. That will fire the alert manually.

Good luck with that, it's probably a a problem parsing the setup token.

[quote='blacknasa link' pid='2902' dateline='1301231574']
Hi,

I also updated my pandora server and console to the latest verion 3.2.1 however it didnt help.

also where i can find the Sent mail log (alerts)?

eldad
[/quote]
Thanks , it helped, i didnt think about it ...

Cheers

Eldad
Great ! :-)

[quote='blacknasa link' pid='2902' dateline='1301306427']
Thanks , it helped, i didnt think about it ...

Cheers

Eldad
[/quote]