Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attemtping to get gmail email server working with pandora
(01-30-2013, 01:04 AM)Sancho Lerena link Wrote: Pandora supports any kind of SMTP auth since 4.0, in 3.2.1 depends on sendmail library of your system, since 4.0 comes with its own library to avoid that problem. If doesnt work, just check your setup in pandora_server.conf.

Dear Sancho,

I'm using Pandora FMS 4.0.3, trying to configure mta through gmail (not with postfix), with no luck.

If it supports any kind of SMTP auth, would you please give us a configuration example for gmail smtp server?

I've tried:

Code:
mta_address smtp.gmail.com
mta_port 587
mta_user [email protected]gmail.com
mta_pass XXXX
mta_auth LOGIN
mta_from Pandora FMS <[email protected]>

Code:
mta_port 587
mta_user [email protected]
mta_pass XXXX
mta_auth SSL

Code:
mta_port 587
mta_user [email protected]
mta_pass XXXX
mta_auth TLS

And I always receive this in the log file:

Quote:2013-06-13 12:27:43 vmPandora [V1] [ERROR] Sending email to [email protected] with subject .....

Two days around this issue, and nothing. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hello!!

Check this link:
http://www.openideas.info/wiki/index.php...ils_alerts

Regards
(06-13-2013, 01:26 PM)mario.pulido link Wrote: Check this link:
http://www.openideas.info/wiki/index.php...ils_alerts

Thank you Mario. I had already checked before. It explains how to do it, but using postfix.

If, as Sancho says, Pandora is capable to send mails through any kind of smtp server, I would like to know how to make it work with gmail smtp server. Using gmail or google apps is pretty usual in many organizations, and it would be great to have an example, since I can't find any working and tested configuration of pandora_server.conf for this scenario, and, obviously, I could not find out by myself how to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,