Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
module network usage
Hello, i'm just installed Pandora FMS and a few agents on linux (Ubuntu) and Windows (server 2008 r2)
and i need to check on both agent's  win and linux network usage up and down kb/s
Can anyone help me with it?
also how i can set alert to a group of agents if any of their modules get warning or critical state
Hi exxon.

I use those modules in Linux Servers to see how much traffic is passing through my network cards (in and out). Those will give you the bytes/s:

# Networking
module_begin
module_name nettraf_eth0_in
module_type generic_data_inc
module_exec /sbin/ifconfig eth0 |grep "bytes:" |awk {'print $2'} |tr -d "bytes:"
module_description bps IN (post process)
module_end

module_begin
module_name nettraf_eth0_out
module_type generic_data_inc
module_exec /sbin/ifconfig eth0 |grep "bytes:" |awk {'print $6'} |tr -d "bytes:"
module_description bps OUT (post process)
module_end

For the alert, first you have to figure out what is going to be the threshold to trigger your alert.

Regards.
thanks, daniels i allready find this in pandora exchange.
But for now i dont know how to assign alert to the group of agent.
exemple:
when module cpu_user in any agent of group "Servers" goes bigger than 40% alert will thrown.
Hi eXXon,

It is not possible to associate an alert to a group of agent.
The alerts are associated to a module within an agent, not to the agent itself.

Maybe you can use massive operations to add alerts instead doing it one by one.

In 4.0 version there is a new enterprise feature which associates alerts to events, and this is really powerful.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards

(11-22-2011, 03:03 PM)Javi Lanz link Wrote: Hi eXXon,

It is not possible to associate an alert to a group of agent.
The alerts are associated to a module within an agent, not to the agent itself.

Maybe you can use massive operations to add alerts instead doing it one by one.

In 4.0 version there is a new enterprise feature which associates alerts to events, and this is really powerful.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards

Thanks for reply, i allready done with this problem:
i write php script that's add alerts to new agents/modules based on agent group, and added this script to crontab schedule every hour.
Hello Exxon,

Can you please share the PHP-script? I think it's what I'm looking for....

Regards,
here you go, create MySQL table using sql query, and add index.php to crontab
index2.php - to remove agents that not send info in a time specified in config.inc.php

all configuration you find in config.inc.php, notice that alert template must be without spaces and special chars only, allowed  - [a-z-A-Z-0-9_-], same rule for group and modules names.

$groups is a simple multi-dimensional array containing all config for modules and alerts to it.

if you extend this script, with new features it's will be great if you are share it  with us

Attached Files

.zip   cron.zip (Size: 3.68 KB / Downloads: 56)
I am new with PandoraFMS, but I'm trying to get it to a point where I can convince my company to use it. 

the server / console is running on linux, but the machines we have to monitor are all windows machines (server2003 or server 2008).

Does anyone have tips on how I can get the same sort of bandwidth monitoring on a windows agent?

Thanks
Use WMI queries, it simple like SQL queries more you can find here
http://www.openideas.info/wiki/index.php...e_wmiquery

or use perfcounter
http://www.openideas.info/wiki/index.php...erfcounter