Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proxy mode agent
Hello all,

I'm trying to set up a (non-Enterprise) Pandora agent in proxy mode, but I'm having trouble getting it to listen for connections.  My setup is on a Debian Squeeze host with a Pandora 4.0 agent, installed from .deb. I've edited /etc/pandora/pandora_agent.conf where I've changed the following:
  • Set server_ip (to pandora_server host)
  • Set agent-name (something other than hostname, not an issue afaik)
  • uncommented proxy_mode 1

After starting the agent I get the following line in /var/log/pandora/pandora_agent.log:
  • [error] - Proxy mode can not be launched as root

I did some research and concluded that perhaps I needed to set the proxy_user variable, which I set to "pandora".  However, same result.  If I instead change the pandora_user variable to "pandora", the agent won't start at all. 

Alas, this is where my Google-Fu falters.  I am not sure as to what other settings I could look at.  Would anyone please be so kind as to either help me out directly or point me towards the appropriate documentation?

Regards...
Hi cwspry,

First of all, just to let you know, Pandora agent it is 100% open, there is no an enterprise version for the agent.

About proxy mode, the appropriate documentation is in here:
http://www.openideas.info/wiki/index.php?title=Pandora_3.0:Documentation_en:Configuration#Proxy_Mode

You will find in there information about the user who has to execute Pandora agent, it cannot be root.

I hope this will be helpful for you.