Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WMI in Pandora 4.0.2 dont working
In 4.0.1 if i search hosts with wmi they are was founded but not initialising and the data was empty. If i assign template with wmi monitoring manually it work properly.
In 4.0.2 it doesnt work in any cases.
I create agent, assign template WMI-Basic to this client. After one day data is empty and has message This agent doesn't have any module. But it has 3 modules from template WMI-Basic.
I try to use wmic with keys speccified and it return me os version. In that modules i changed username and password for wmi query.
Hi Blitzkrieg,

Could you paste here wmic execution and its output, please? For example, wmi query OS version. Have you enabled wmiserver in /etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf?

Code:
# cat /etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf | grep wmiserver

Regards.
(07-30-2012, 08:41 AM)Luismi link Wrote: Hi Blitzkrieg,

Could you paste here wmic execution and its output, please? For example, wmi query OS version. Have you enabled wmiserver in /etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf?

Code:
# cat /etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf | grep wmiserver

Regards.

Thanks.

yes, i did.
Code:
cat /usr/local/etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf | grep wmi
# wmiserver : 1 or 0. Set to 1 to activate WMI server with this setup
wmiserver 1
# wmic: Needed by Pandora FMS wmi server.
wmi_client /usr/local/bin/wmic

Code:
wmic -U DOMAIN/admin%password //172.16.4.201 "SELECT Caption FROM Win32_OperatingSystem"
CLASS: Win32_OperatingSystem
Caption|Name
Microsoft Windows XP Professional|Microsoft Windows XP Professional|C:\WINDOWS|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1

It is very strange. I asign to agent WMI Basic monitoring in last friday but now the list of modules is empty.
Pandora_server.error is empty, it has only
Code:
2012-07-25 10:19:06 - flogger Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
2012-07-27 16:07:56 - logger Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
2012-07-27 16:25:06 - logger Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
2012-07-27 16:34:50 - logger Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
2012-07-27 16:36:39 - logger Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
Could you attach a screnshot with wmi module configuration?
With pleasure.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/pandorawmi.jpg
Try to set Field Number to 0, because you want to get the first field.

Cheers.
It strange. I asigned WMI basic monitoring to agent. There is 3 modules in this template. Os version, cpu load and free memory. Today i see only one modul OS version and its data is empty.
Yesterday i change username in this modul from username to DOMAIN/username. In 4.0.1 WMI monitoring works well whithout DOMAIN.
I try to follow your advise. I changed field number.
Thanks, it start working. I must use username with DOMAIN and Number Field set to 0.
But in 4.0.1 in this view i can see DATA but in 4.0.2 this field is empty. But if i open Raw data than i can see os version.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/pandorayu.jpg
Try to delete old modules and create them again.

Regards.
I have the same problem as in 4.0.1.
If i create agent manually and asign WMI template to it it works.
But if i use recon task to find hosts it did not.
Work
[Image: workr.jpg]
Not work
[Image: notwork.jpg]

If i use ps auxw|grep wmic while pandora server is running i can see this
Code:
root       84513  0.0  0.1 10100  3000  ??  S    10:52AM   0:00.09 /usr/local/bin/wmic -U OK/unix%password //172.16.6.184 SELECT Caption FROM Win32_OperatingSystem

But in DATA i see only 0

If i use this:
Code:
flogger# /usr/local/bin/wmic -U OK/unix%password //172.16.6.184 "SELECT Caption FROM Win32_OperatingSystem"
CLASS: Win32_OperatingSystem
Caption|Name
Microsoft Windows XP Professional|Microsoft Windows XP Professional|C:\WINDOWS|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1