Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"next contact agent" -out of limits issue-
I'm running Pandora 4.02 on Ubuntu server 12.04 and all of my devices instead of showing the blue bar displaying the time for the next contact agent show a red field that says "out of limits". Not sure whats the issue. I read some about it and i thought it would be link to the timestamp depencies on the server but all of that its install in the pandora server. I would really appreciate any contribution. Thanks before hand and God Bless. 
2012-09-19 09:57:00 pandora [V1] Pandora FMS Server 'pandora' unhandled error.
2012-09-19 10:10:48 pandora [V1] Launching 4.0.2 120626
2012-09-19 10:10:48 pandora [V1] Config options: Logfile at /var/log/pandora/pandora_server.log, Basepath is /etc/pandora/pandora_server.conf, Checksum is 0, Master is 1, SNMP Console is 1, Server Threshold at 5 sec, verbosity at 1, Alert Threshold at 60, ServerName is 'pandora'
2012-09-19 10:10:48 pandora [V1] [E] 'pandora': DBI connect('pandora:localhost:3306','pandora',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 86

2012-09-19 09:56:59 - pandora Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
DBI connect('pandora:localhost:3306','pandora',...) failed: Access denied for user 'pandora'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 86
2012-09-19 10:10:48 - pandora Starting Pandora FMS Server. Error logging activated.
DBI connect('pandora:localhost:3306','pandora',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/lib/perl5/PandoraFMS/DB.pm line 86
Hi Gabriel M.

It seems that Pandora FMS can not access mysql server. Run the next command:

Code:
# cat /etc/pandora_server/pandora_server.conf | grep db

Now, access to mysql server:
Code:
# msyql -uroot -p

And create a new user with the data above:

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEVES ON dbname.* TO 'dbuser'@'localhost' identified by 'dbpass';

Try to start Pandora FMS server:

Code:
# /etc/init.d/pandora_server start

Test if the agents start reporting.

Cheers.
I did exactly what you suggested and still no luck, i just looked at the server log again and stills say the same thing about access denied. Since I installed the last time it always show the agent information check the picture name "CCA NMS" in the attachment but in the main console the time is it right. do you think the issue is related?

Attached Files

.png   CCA NMS.png (Size: 125.55 KB / Downloads: 130)
.png   Console nms.png (Size: 154.85 KB / Downloads: 109)
Hi Gabriel M.

Paste the output of this command:

Code:
# cat /etc/pandora_server/pandora_server.conf | grep db

And the output of:

Quote:mysql -udbuser -pdbpass dbname -h dbhost

Thank you.
here are the screen-shots from my terminal

Attached Files

.png   cat Command.png (Size: 106.9 KB / Downloads: 146)
.png   grantoutput.png (Size: 102.48 KB / Downloads: 121)
Hi,

Now, try to connect mysql in this way:

Code:
mysql -upandora -pplcvdkgr nsm -h localhost

And paste its output, please.
Hello Gabriel,

There is a mistake in the mysql connect command. Rename database name nsm to nms.

Check if pandora_server.conf has the same problem (dbname), and try to start it again:

Code:
# /etc/init.d/pandora_server start

Regards.
Yeah i noticed the typo to late..sorry about that

Attached Files

.png   Mysql pandora user.png (Size: 85.01 KB / Downloads: 107)
Fine...

Then, is pandora_server started?