Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with email alerts and exchange
Yup, telnet from the Pandora FMS server using the pandorafms email account on our exchange server sends correctly to my personal inbox.

*edited for clarity
Hello

You can't use webmail in mta address. It must be mail.utfcu.org or mail.utfcu.com
It's like setting Outlook to work with your email server.

Regards
Ivo
webmail.utfcu.org is our exchange servers address. we do not have a mail.utfcu.org.
Hello

I see. Do you have pandora running inside a virtual machine?

Regards
Ivo
No, it is running on a physical server. I used the latest Appliance CD to install.
Hey check /var/log mailog and see if you got any errors.  I finally able to get log messages and for some reason the postfix is trying to connect with the outside IP address and not the internal ip address.  I am still working on this but you may be running into the same issue.
Hello

Take a look at that and make sure there isn't any conectivity issues with the pandora server system.

Regards
Ivo
I am still having problems with this. Now, I don't have any emails even showing in the /var/log/maillog file when an alert is triggered from Pandora. Don't know what that is happening now.

Also, is there a way to use anonymous auth from Pandora? I have commented out the password and auth portions of the pandora_server.conf file but that still doesn't seem to be working. I can send mail anoymosuly from the Pandora server by running the following command:

echo test | mail -s test [email protected]
r3volol  join the club I updated to the latest version and now mine is no longer working.  The server config is the same as before.  going to try and roll back and see if at least I can get something in the maillog.
Hello

r3volol execute the following commands:
setenforce 1
/etc/init.d/iptables stop

And then try to see if the email sending is functioning correctly. If not send me the pandora_server.conf file located in /etc/pandora/ to the following email [email protected]

Regards
Ivo