Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(solved) Help Monitoring Services in Windows Server using Agent
Hi all, I'm quite new to this and have been tasked with setting up monitoring for the services running on a windows server.
I've been wondering if there is an easy way to monitor all the services running without having to individually add them all one module at a time. I need to be able to see an alert when a service goes down and see what service is down...

It sounds like something that should be simple? Is it?
The servers have local agents installed and that's what I've been using to monitor them.

Thanks in advance,
Hi MrPeachey,
the proper way to do it, is, in fact, by monitoring each single service with one module, so that particular module goes critical status when his assigned service is down.
You could do it with only one module by using a script that compares a .txt file (with all the services) with the service list, but that module will go critical status if ANY of the services is down, so we think that is not the best option.

Regards.
(12-30-2014, 10:12 AM)antonio.s link Wrote: Hi MrPeachey,
the proper way to do it, is, in fact, by monitoring each single service with one module, so that particular module goes critical status when his assigned service is down.
You could do it with only one module by using a script that compares a .txt file (with all the services) with the service list, but that module will go critical status if ANY of the services is down, so we think that is not the best option.

Regards.

Thank you for the quick response, I had a feeling it would be possible but you're correct the module would go critical if any of them went down so that's not ideal. Guess I've got a few modules to add then! Thank you for clearing this up.

Regards