Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRAP received not processed cause of special character ?
Hello,

SNMP TRAP console is working and I am able to visualize somes TRAP but one source is not displayed in the console, not logged into pandora_snmptrap.log.
I took a trace and I do see the packet coming into my server so I suggest the issue comes from special character present inside the TRAP.

In another server where there is just the default snmptrap daemon working alone the TRAO is logged.

The TRAP:
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB:ConfusedysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (8090976) 22:28:29.76  SNMPv2-MIB:ConfusednmpTrapOID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.637.69.1.3.0.1 SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.637.69.1.1.0 = STRING: "EVENT=platform/platform:areyouthere|ID=112|TYPE=single|LEVEL=warning|OBJ=pfmconfig:HOST:1|OBJ_MN=pfmconfig:HOST:ncprsmf01|HOST=ncprsmf01|APPLI=sepmand|SERVICE=pfmconfig|SEP=|SOURCE=DefenceMain.cxx|DATE=25/02/2016  10:03:32"

Any idea?
Maybe this is due to the following config:

/usr/sbin/snmptrapd -A -t -On -n -a -Lf /var/log/pandora/pandora_snmptrap.log -p /var/run/pandora_snmptrapd.pid --format1=SNMPv1[**]%4y-%02.2m-%l[**]%02.2h:%02.2j:%02.2k[**]%a[**]%N[**]%w[**]%W[**]%q[**]%v\n --format2=SNMPv2[**]%4y-%02.2m-%l[**]%02.2h:%02.2j:%02.2k[**]%b[**]%v\n

How to autorize this TRAP?
Where to modify this config ?
No answer since severals days?
Is the forum still active ?
regards
Hello manunc,

To discard some of the problems, you can perform some tests manually by using the tool snmptrap_gen.sh, on /usr/share/pandora_server/util. With it you can send traps manually with the content you want, so you can see which are the characters or content of the trap that may be causing the problem.

You can find info about how to use the tool in the file pandora_snmp.README, on the same folder.

Regards,
Antonio.