Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CPU temp under Windows
Hello dear PandoraFMS Team

is it possible to read out cpu-temperature with windows agent ?
Is there any module or something?

I have Pandora for Windows Server (Pandora FMS v7. ONG. 714) and Windows Agent (v7. ONG. 717)
Thanks for your help
Hi Dogo,

Yes, you can create a local module in the agent, also you can create remote modules with the Pandora FMS server.
You need create queries of WMI to get the temperature of the CPU.

Best regards,

vic.
Apparently, the WMI way to do this is described here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18ce0701-e87d-4414-a8b5-8be3908a21b8/reading-cpu-temperature-wmi?forum=vblanguage

How would I configure a Windows agent to deliver the temperature *in Celsius*? (the WMI delivers in Kelvin?)

Also, is there any good commandline tool to display WMI info? I have a good understanding how to do things in Linux, but for Windows, monitoring is still full of secrets for me...

Thanks!
[quote="annomatik" pid='26371' dateline='1537027530']

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18ce0701-e87d-4414-a8b5-8be3908a21b8/reading-cpu-temperature-wmi?forum=vblanguage

How would I configure a Windows agent to deliver the temperature *in Celsius*? (the WMI delivers in Kelvin?)

Also, is there any good commandline tool to display WMI info? I have a good understanding how to do things in Linux, but for Windows, monitoring is still full of secrets for me...

Thanks!
[/quote]

"How would I configure a Windows agent to deliver the temperature *in Celsius*? (the WMI delivers in Kelvin?)
" i wonder about these too Smile help
[quote="tonanto" pid='28855' dateline='1561712860']
[quote="annomatik" pid='26371' dateline='1537027530']

Thanks!
[/quote]

"How would I configure a Windows agent to deliver the temperature *in Celsius*? (the WMI delivers in Kelvin?)
" i wonder about these too Smile help
[/quote]

Greetings,

You can deliver the temperature of the device you want in Celsius with the appropiate OID and the type of data you want to display. For temperature, you'll want to choose SNMP numeric data.

You can find the OID you need in the manufacturer web (for example, for a Cisco switch, you'll need to go to Cisco website).

Kind regards,

Eduardo.
Was wondering this also I was noticing that my machine temperature is acting weird. This will answer my doubt. Thanks