Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Unable to process XML data file" error with Solaris files
I'm receiving the following error from all my Solaris agents. 

Unable to process XML data file (/var/spool/pandora/data_in/sparky.1257987859.data)

These are newly deployed agents, with default configurations.  I see the file get dropped in /var/spool/pandora/data_in on the server, and the values are correct.  The server processes the file, but renames it with a _BADXML extension at the end and throws and error in the console.  I reduced one agent to just a single test of the default "disk_root_free" module, and had the same issue.  Any help appreciated.
I have found the problem, but I don't have a solution.  You are sending the wrong XML version string from Solaris agents.  The string that arrives in the file is:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-15'?><agent_data description='' group=''os_name='solaris' os_version='5.10' interval='60' version='3.0' timestamp='2009/11/12 13:30:42' agent_name='sparky'>

Pandora server will not accept version encoding='ISO-8859-15'.  If I change the version to encoding='ISO-8859-1', it processes the file.  So, Pandora Agent for Solaris is broken out of the box, as these are default agent installs.  How do I get the agent to send the right XML version string?

I have snooped the network traffic.  The agent is sending the wrong string.  It's not being caused by Tentacle or Pandora server.
Changed in the SVN the default encoding. Thanks for reporting.